• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I too have lost confidence in Rick Perry as a presidential candidate

Custodian

Wait, you had faith in a politician?!

Rick Perry has decided (based on HIS personal convictions) that people do not deserve Constitutional Carry.

Governor Rick Perry has outed himself on Constitutional Carry and also proved his lack of understanding of the 2nd Amendment by promoting regulations and restrictions on citizens who want to own firearms.
His position is clear from the recent comments he made in the Texas Tribune..

[Perry] said he “prefers concealed handguns for “a more practical reason.”

“I don’t want the bad guys to know if I’m carrying,” he said. “I don’t want to be the first person shot if something’s going down.”
Fine.. thats HIS personal preference. In a free country, he is entitled to his opinion and his personal preference for carrying a firearm.. however… his feelings do not and should not trump our Constitutional rights.

Perry said he was “not necessarily all that fond of this open carry concept,” adding that those who carry guns ought to be “appropriately backgrounded, appropriately vetted, appropriately trained.”

So… according to Perry, we need to add some amendments to the 2nd Amendment: you have a right to carry IF YOU HAVE BEEN DEEMED APPROPRIATELY TRAINED, AND YOU HAVE A FLAWLESS BACKGROUND..
We have all seen what happens with that slippery slope in places like New York and California where people now have to PROVE they have a need for a firearm and even proof of death threats is not justification to be armed in New York.. (Just ask John Stossel who, was turned down repeatedly for a concealed weapon permit because the state said he did not justify a need even though he produced proof of death threats).

Perry went on to say this: “We license people to drive on our highways,” he said. “We give them that privilege. The same is true with our concealed handguns.”

Governor Perry clearly does not comprehend the 2nd Amendment. The right to bear arms is not a privilege given by the government. Our founding fathers made it clear that the right to defend life is a basic human need that people of this country are born with. The 2nd Amendment is not the a permission slip from the government giving citizens the right to bear arms..It is a statement TO THE GOVERNMENT that the citizens already have this right and YOU, GOVERNMENT, shall not infringe.

Governor Perry just lost my support for any office he ever attempts to hold.
I also believe he just lost support amongst the People of the Gun world for his presidential aspirations.

The good news for Texans is that permitted open carry stands an excellent chance of making it to Governor Abbott’s desk, who’s declared his intention to sign it.

From:http://janmorganmedia.com/2015/02/rick-perry-proves-not-understand-2nd-amendment/

Place your faith in no man, for they shall ALL DECEIVE YOU.

And a politician, especially one who is always seeking a higher form of office? Is the lowest form of man, more like vermin, or virus, sub-humanoid at best, little more than primordial ooze.

Last edited:

Law abider

Place your faith in no man, for they shall ALL DECEIVE YOU.

And a politician, especially one who is always seeking a higher form of office? Is the lowest form of man, more like vermin, or virus, sub-humanoid at best, little more than primordial ooze.

Very true. When someone asks me whom do I bow to, I say "to one king and Him only and honor the authority but don't have to agree with it and work for a change."

rushcreek2

I try to keep in mind....that the United States Constitution...and our respective state constitutions were adopted for the benefit of THE PEOPLE...not for the convenience of our elected or appointed officials.