• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmm...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by skidmark

Not gonna say. :D

Know some of those SCOPes. They would make Good Cops but did not apply because of some picky ethical issues about who they would not work with.

stay safe.
Can anyone pick out the oxymoron in skid's post?
It has been said that we see what we a predisposed to see by our vison - we see what we want to see.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/kidding-ourselves/201404/we-see-what-we-want-see

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can anyone pick out the oxymoron in skid's post?

It is Old News that it's an Open Secret that Military Intelligence tells me that applying an Original Copy of the Eloquent Silence of Falsely True idea of a Common Sense collected and assembled by Paid Volunteers will not remove the Reasonable Restrictions that are Almost Exactly like the Pretty Awful reasoning that is Clearly Confusing within the Deceptively Honest but Overbearingly Modest Humble Opinion of a Militant Pacifist such as yourself, and it will be Simply Impossible, even with Deliberate Speed, to overcome the Minor Crisis that follows the Cruel Passion that is Conspicuously Absent in the Dull Roar of the Deafening Silence no matter how many Loudly Whisper that donning rose-colored Plastic Glasses will eliminate the Intense Apathy and replace it with a Joyful Sadness for the Larger Half of the Loyal Opposition that were Found Missing in the original post.

Surely you understand the Only Choice to give up the good fight over the Defenseless Protection of [SUP]TM[/SUP] and [SUP](c)[/SUP] when there is no longer even the Limited Freedom of [SUP]Pat Pending[/SUP].

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is Old News that it's an Open Secret that Military Intelligence tells me that applying an Original Copy of the Eloquent Silence of Falsely True idea of a Common Sense collected and assembled by Paid Volunteers will not remove the Reasonable Restrictions that are Almost Exactly like the Pretty Awful reasoning that is Clearly Confusing within the Deceptively Honest but Overbearingly Modest Humble Opinion of a Militant Pacifist such as yourself, and it will be Simply Impossible, even with Deliberate Speed, to overcome the Minor Crisis that follows the Cruel Passion that is Conspicuously Absent in the Dull Roar of the Deafening Silence no matter how many Loudly Whisper that donning rose-colored Plastic Glasses will eliminate the Intense Apathy and replace it with a Joyful Sadness for the Larger Half of the Loyal Opposition that were Found Missing in the original post.

Surely you understand the Only Choice to give up the good fight over the Defenseless Protection of [SUP]TM[/SUP] and [SUP](c)[/SUP] when there is no longer even the Limited Freedom of [SUP]Pat Pending[/SUP].

stay safe.
I've herd that all before and more....I was even OCing when I herd it.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

stay safe.

Outstanding Skid, However I think everyone on here understands that I was simply pointing out your reference
" they would make good cops" hence the oxymoron...

Regards
CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Outstanding Skid, However I think everyone on here understands that I was simply pointing out your reference
" they would make good cops" hence the oxymoron...

Regards
CCJ
Was hoping you would not offer that explanation CCJ, as in doing so it becomes a clear rule violation. LEOs are like user/members here - some come with more or less baggage than their peers and painting with a broad brush only gets some of the flow on everybody. At this point an emoticon does little to mitigate the damage.

No I do not think you intended to be overly harsh, but you may have been better off to have let it be unsaid.

Good SCOPs could well make good cops.

countryclubjoe

Was hoping you would not offer that explanation CCJ, as in doing so it becomes a clear rule violation. LEOs are like user/members here - some come with more or less baggage than their peers and painting with a broad brush only gets some of the flow on everybody. At this point an emoticon does little to mitigate the damage.

No I do not think you intended to be overly harsh, but you may have been better off to have let it be unsaid.

Good SCOPs could well make good cops.

My apologize to the forum and to all you good Leos out there( you know who you are).

I meant no malice.

Regards
CCJ

twoskinsonemanns

My apologize to the forum and to all you good Leos out there( you know who you are).

I meant no malice.

Regards
CCJ

I accept your apology. Like leprechauns, I firmly believe there are very good LEOs in the world. I just haven't seen one yet.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Doing things that do not bring you into contact with the cops makes it hard to run into the good ones - just like not running into the bad ones.

stay safe.