• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How woudl you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezek

I found this online,
http://www.policestateusa.com/2015/jaxon-adams/

it is also on Fox4KC
http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/28/parent...r-at-childrens-mercy-hospital-suspects-abuse/

I may not know much about a lot of laws, and am generally ignorant in that area, but I do have a moral compass.

How would you guys help this family? I am thinking of making a donation on their gofundme page, and maybe writing to our state legislators, and representatives about this problem with corporatized hospitals.

a second medical opinion is well within the rights of parents, and if they where actually intending to harm the child they wouldn't be taking him to a hospital in the first place IMO.

Ezek

Could you clarify who was openly carrying a firearm?

Was the doctor openly carrying, or one of the parents?

figured you guys might want to assist since this is rather close to home, and it does intrude on rights, but I was obviously mistaken.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
figured you guys might want to assist since this is rather close to home, and it does intrude on rights, but I was obviously mistaken.

It is a fine thing to do...in the right venue. For OCDO, it is outside of the parameters - off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.