Thread: Bill making its way through.

Bill making its way through.

Watching the news today I see where there is now a possibility of passing a bill allowing partial online courses. Partial being of course you still have to contact a firearms instructor to take the live fire portion of the test.

This is in my opinion not going to be good for most people as the state is talking about implimenting some sort of space aged voice technology which will undoubtedly be well in to the millions of dollars. And then when you add in the state doesnt like to make a little money they like to make a LOT of money they will probably price their portion out of range of the average person.

Then what instructor is going to do their live fire for free? Considering their is cost like range fees, ammo cost and firearm maitenance (when providing firearms) and then you have insurance and the time the instructor is spending.

This look like it could take a course I offer for $40.00 to a whole new level where it could be over $100.00 start to finish.

Any ideas on this? (Civil of course)
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

As always, follow the money to P4P
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare View Post
    as always, follow the money to p4p
    p4p?

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    ...the state is talking about implimenting some sort of space aged voice technology which will undoubtedly be well in to the millions of dollars.
    Can you provide additional information on this? I searched for Oklahoma Voice Recognition, but the results were numerous and vague since I don't have any more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    Can you provide additional information on this? I searched for Oklahoma Voice Recognition, but the results were numerous and vague since I don't have any more details.
    Honestly all i have heard is from the media. Google kotv online course and it should dhow what ive heard.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    p4p?
    p4p/P4P = perks for prividge; the prividge being a permit to CC.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Honestly all i have heard is from the media. Google kotv online course and it should dhow what ive heard.
    OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahomans who want to carry a firearm will be able to take the required gun safety course online under a bill approved by the House of Representatives.

The House voted 88-7 on Tuesday for the bill by Republican Rep. Casey Murdock of Felt, who says he expects it will lead to an increase in the number of Oklahomans who get a license to carry a gun.

Felt says the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training would be responsible for setting up the online course and would use voice-recognition technology to ensure the right person is taking it.

Under the bill, the applicant still would be required to do live-fire training with a certified instructor.

The bill now goes to the Senate for consideration.
    source

So, in addition to a SSN, fingerprints and facial recognition, they now want a voice print? Where's the eye rolling smilie?

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    source

So, in addition to a SSN, fingerprints and facial recognition, they now want a voice print? Where's the eye rolling smilie?
    Probably the same place as mine. The technology is no where near affordable and to have a database capable of maintaining potentially hundred of thousands of voice signatures is unreal.

Why not just do the right thing and go constitutional carry? Its cheaper for the state, cheaper for the every day carrier and more of a crime deterrent then anything one can imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    p4p/P4P = perks for prividge; the prividge being a permit to CC.
    I was gonna say pay for play, but that work's too.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Why not just do the right thing and go constitutional carry? Its cheaper for the state, cheaper for the every day carrier and more of a crime deterrent then anything one can imagine?
    We are on the same page there.

The state wont go for constitutional carry (no money in that!)
    I think for now somthing like HB1936 wll be as close as we
    might see for a while.

Or then again....

This bill is now dead. Never made it past the house floor. Neither did HJR1009 that would have lead the way to constitutional carry.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

That's a shame.