• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill making its way through.

Glock 1st fan

Watching the news today I see where there is now a possibility of passing a bill allowing partial online courses. Partial being of course you still have to contact a firearms instructor to take the live fire portion of the test.

This is in my opinion not going to be good for most people as the state is talking about implimenting some sort of space aged voice technology which will undoubtedly be well in to the millions of dollars. And then when you add in the state doesnt like to make a little money they like to make a LOT of money they will probably price their portion out of range of the average person.

Then what instructor is going to do their live fire for free? Considering their is cost like range fees, ammo cost and firearm maitenance (when providing firearms) and then you have insurance and the time the instructor is spending.

This look like it could take a course I offer for $40.00 to a whole new level where it could be over $100.00 start to finish.

Any ideas on this? (Civil of course)

Arin Morris

...the state is talking about implimenting some sort of space aged voice technology which will undoubtedly be well in to the millions of dollars.

Can you provide additional information on this? I searched for Oklahoma Voice Recognition, but the results were numerous and vague since I don't have any more details.

Glock 1st fan

Can you provide additional information on this? I searched for Oklahoma Voice Recognition, but the results were numerous and vague since I don't have any more details.

Honestly all i have heard is from the media. Google kotv online course and it should dhow what ive heard.

Arin Morris

Honestly all i have heard is from the media. Google kotv online course and it should dhow what ive heard.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahomans who want to carry a firearm will be able to take the required gun safety course online under a bill approved by the House of Representatives.

The House voted 88-7 on Tuesday for the bill by Republican Rep. Casey Murdock of Felt, who says he expects it will lead to an increase in the number of Oklahomans who get a license to carry a gun.

Felt says the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training would be responsible for setting up the online course and would use voice-recognition technology to ensure the right person is taking it.

Under the bill, the applicant still would be required to do live-fire training with a certified instructor.

The bill now goes to the Senate for consideration.
source

So, in addition to a SSN, fingerprints and facial recognition, they now want a voice print? Where's the eye rolling smilie?

Glock 1st fan

source

So, in addition to a SSN, fingerprints and facial recognition, they now want a voice print? Where's the eye rolling smilie?

Probably the same place as mine. The technology is no where near affordable and to have a database capable of maintaining potentially hundred of thousands of voice signatures is unreal.

Why not just do the right thing and go constitutional carry? Its cheaper for the state, cheaper for the every day carrier and more of a crime deterrent then anything one can imagine?

Damol

The state wont go for constitutional carry (no money in that!)
I think for now somthing like HB1936 wll be as close as we
might see for a while.

hrdware

Or then again....

This bill is now dead. Never made it past the house floor. Neither did HJR1009 that would have lead the way to constitutional carry.