• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon cop shoots family pony for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeInAZ

With what info we have, it sure doesn't pass the smell test. We all know this officer will be charged & sent to prison for animal cruelty/felony use of a firearm in the commission of a crime/misconduct of office, etc.. if he shot the pony for no reason, right?

77zach

With what info we have, it sure doesn't pass the smell test. We all know this officer will be charged & sent to prison for animal cruelty/felony use of a firearm in the commission of a crime/misconduct of office, etc.. if he shot the pony for no reason, right?

After they're done investigating themselves, all will be well.

utbagpiper

Banned
How is this related to OC / RKBA?

I'm sorry. Was the pony OCing? Did the owner have a chance to use her OC'd firearm to defend her pony?

What exactly does this very troubling event have to do with RKBA or OCing?

Have I wondered onto CopWatch by mistake?

Last edited:

77zach

I'm sorry. Was the pony OCing? Did the owner have a chance to use her OC'd firearm to defend her pony?

What exactly does this very troubling event have to do with RKBA or OCing?

Have I wondered onto CopWatch by mistake?

You do know that this is the social lounge and that things unrelated to OC are allowed, correct?

Nevertheless, the mods here are still very pro enforcement of all laws, including laws that infringe on the right to bear arms. They are also pro Nuremberg defense, so if you complain, you may get the thread locked.

utbagpiper

Banned
You do know that this is the social lounge and that things unrelated to OC are allowed, correct?

Nevertheless, the mods here are still very pro enforcement of all laws, including laws that infringe on the right to bear arms. They are also pro Nuremberg defense, so if you complain, you may get the thread locked.

"(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!! "

"The Social Lounge
Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."

When I want to hang out on Cop Watch, I'll go hang out on Cop Watch. Why do some folks want to turn this forum into another Cop Watch site?

Charles

77zach

"(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!! "

"The Social Lounge
Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."

When I want to hang out on Cop Watch, I'll go hang out on Cop Watch. Why do some folks want to turn this forum into another Cop Watch site?

Charles

I'm not attacking anyone personally, irrelevant

It's not cop watch but this is the social lounge, you'll find a variety of things here.

I shall stop when the largest LE political lobbies and unions stop lobbying for laws that infringe on the right to bear arms.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
I'm not attacking anyone personally, irrelevant

I see little point to such threads other than to bash police officers.

It's not cop watch but this is the social lounge, you'll find a variety of things here.

The vast majority of which don't have any hint of bashing cops. And thus are pretty solidly inside the rules, so long as they avoid some obviously divisive topics like religious debates, abortion, etc. And thus I never raise a stink about them, might even participate if the mood strikes.

I shall stop when the largest LE political lobbies and unions stop lobbying for laws that infringe on the right to bear arms.

So this thread is really about getting even with the police chiefs and police unions for lobbying against our RKBA. It really is your intent to post all the bad info about cops you can find. Not just about specific chiefs or unions that attack RKBA, but about every cop and department you can find. I guess that makes more sense than just having some weird obsession with every random news article about cops, good and bad. But it also makes pretty clear that the thread really is about bashing cops, even if no specific post starts calling them names.

Charles

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Charles is known for his TONNAGE capable keyboard. He will simply type a thread to death. And it begins...

77zach

Charles is known for his TONNAGE capable keyboard. He will simply type a thread to death. And it begins...

He's obviously highly invested in the image of the LE community.

Stories about the many bad things cops do are important for several reasons, and especially important to the RKABA. For example, in Florida, the Florida Sheriff's Association lobbied against CWF holders from being able to openly carry holstered handguns. They said they would illegally and automatically "draw down" on anyone openly carrying a handgun. The richness of this is that CWF holders, as a group, commit less crime than cops. See John Lott's study.

Police incompetence with firearms also can hurt us though because it reinforces the idea to some anti's that guns require double secret training to safely use them. Cops misusing guns hurts and helps us and we always need ammo in the rhetorical battles. The topic is very relevant to gun rights.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While there is reason to find the deputy's conduct egregious and likely illegal, there is no direct connection to OC or RKBA. Presuming the facts to be as presented, the deputy has exposed himself to department sanctions, criminal and civil liability. The outcome remains to be seen.

The OP has offered, "I shall stop when the largest LE political lobbies and unions stop lobbying for laws that infringe on the right to bear arms." Would seem to be taking a position of attempting to hold OCDO hostage to his means/methods of pointing out perceived LEO misconduct - that is CopWatch style. We cannot castigate the department or the LEO community through the posting of this story - that is broad brushing.

The Social Lounge defense for posting is invalid. Read the descriptor following the sub-forum heading.

Please note near the top of the Forum Rules will be found this disclosure:
"We reserve the ABSOLUTE right to contact our members via PM or email regarding moderation issues. Contact for non-moderation activities is governed by forum rules."

This is a moderation issue.....which may be generally defined as a called decision. I would have stayed with the "PM or email" limitation except that the OP has made a public statement as to his intentions; therefore, a public response was deemed beneficial and justified.

Final verdict - thread locked and PMs being sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.