Thread: Is it legal to keep a gun on the boat at the lake?

Is it legal to keep a gun on the boat at the lake?

Being State or city owned property. I'm just curious if it's really legal to keep a gun in your boat? I've always kept it in my boat since we sleep on it out on the water a lot. It really never crossed my mind if it's legal or not.

You should have the mods move your thread to your state sub forum.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You should have the mods move your thread to your state sub forum.
    Done - the query is state specific - laws vary.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Done - the query is state specific - laws vary.
    Thanks..

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    TRANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING WEAPON FROM VESSEL

It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state and federal laws. Anyone violating the provisions of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not be deemed guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is carried concealed or unconcealed upon or about their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

See bottom of page 38:
    Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 63, 4210.3.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SD...k_NOV_2013.pdf
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-07-2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    So "self defense" is only a valid exemption once one has asked for permission and paid the fee! Just who writes these laws?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    TRANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING WEAPON FROM VESSEL

It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state and federal laws. Anyone violating the provisions of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not be deemed guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is carried concealed or unconcealed upon or about their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

See bottom of page 38:
    Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 63, 4210.3.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SD...k_NOV_2013.pdf
    there is an issue with carrying on corp of engineers land which can get tricky. Unfortunately you have to get out of your truck to walk ti your boat (or car) which gets grey. Such as parking lots and common areas. I never go to the lake so i never followed up.

personally i have not kept up with it but it was a huge thing qhen open carry passed.
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So "self defense" is only a valid exemption once one has asked for permission and paid the fee! Just who writes these laws?
    NRA, and other lobbyists who claim to be pro 2A.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    there is an issue with carrying on corp of engineers land which can get tricky. [ ... ].
    I believe USCG enforces federal law on navigable waters. (Much of why I quit sailing.)
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.