• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call to Action... MOC is Attending Ann Arbor School Board Meeting - Wednesday 03/11/1

FreeInAZ

I like how all OCers were stopped and forced to produce ID & CPL. Did the police ID everyone to make sure no wanted felons or child molesters or dead beat parents Or people with bench warrants were in the crowd?

OC4me

Nice essay by the president of the Ann Arbor Board of Education. While I disagree with the conclusion, her reliance on 'anti-gun' research and last but not least avocation of civil disobedience on the part of the district, at least it is grammatically well-written and eloquent (thankfully so as these people are responsible for the education of our children).

Comments are open and not challenged by stupid facebook or other social media login credential requests. So I took the opportunity to leave a thoughtful response and I encourage you all to do the same!

Wstar425

I don't seem to be able to see the comments, how do I get there?

My wife is a school district administrator in Wisconsin, but no guns of any type by normal people here in schools. But, I'm following this with some interest.

Last edited:

OC4me

My wife is a school district administrator in Wisconsin, but no guns of any type by normal people here in schools. But, I'm following this with some interest.

The comments are after the essay! If you don't see them then try a different browser.

OC Freedom

Two comments have been listed as of 10:09 mountain, of course they support the author, but it appears that my comment about hoplophobia and its negative impact on society isn't going to be posted. What a surprise.

OC Freedom

They might not post any pro-gun comments, but send them anyway for they review the comments before posting. Bury them with pro 2nd by using the 1st

Wstar425

Thanks, I'm stuck with my phone for the day. Will check when I get home.

Eight ways to carry a firearm onto school property in WI. None apply to the average guy. Closest would be unloaded and in a case. Second possibility, get a job as a security officer. I've tried that, no joy. Wife doesn't particularly want firearms in her school, tho it is up to the Board. I don't think she would fight it, but won't push for it either. She has guns, carries when walking on the trail mostly. 229 9mm, but she just got a 938 Scorpion for Valentines Day. I'm working on her!

Last edited:

OC4me

All the comments are being posted, mine survived moderation too!

Let's continue to respond with facts in our comments. I believe evidence such as citations questioning the effectiveness of so-called gun-free zone policies as well as statistics highlighting the lawfulness of CPL holders in Michigan would be most effective since the audience of the school site tips to the more educated side.

FreeInAZ

Call to Action... MOC is Attending Ann Arbor School Board Meeting - Wednesday...

The full video is now being ustreamed via M Live -

God! Watching that made me Ill. People are clueless on how poorly schools are secured & who is responsible for their safety [themselves], no one else. A cell phone is a poor substitute for the most effective form of defense a lawful citizen has - a firearm.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/

Depending on whos' #'s you believe the best case response time (DOJ) is 4 minutes (count to 240) or the police themselves (police beat magazine survey) 10 minutes on average (count to 600) would you be willing to say "oh that's fine bad guys I'll just count to 240-600 and at the end of that time you must stop, ok?"

These are the same people who have auto & home insurance to protect their valuables, yet do NOTHING to protect the most valuable thing they possess: their life?

Sad people - indeed & lack of vision.

Last edited: