• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do I have to ask before carrying in a church in AR?

independence

Can I open or conceal carry in a church in AR? Do I have to have permission ahead of time? The law seems to read that way but it's confusing...

Kopis

AR recently passed Act 746 which allows for OC but so far individuals who OC are not well received to put it lightly. Here in west memphis, a guy was threatened at walmart for OCing by law enforcement. I think he eventually agreed to "cover it up".

Which part of the law says you have to inform/ask if you CC into a church?

Custodian

Speak with the father/rabbi/elder/reverend/pastor

Tell them that you bring with you, a tool of light.

And if they ask you, what light?

Tell them, John 1:5.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Amen.

(and if that doesn't work, remind them of:

Exodus 22:2- If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

Samuel 25:13- And David said unto his men, Gird ye on every man his sword. And they girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the stuff.

Judges 5:8- They chose new gods; then was war in the gates: was there a shield or spear seen among forty thousand in Israel?

Psalms 144:1- Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

Luke 11:21- When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace

Luke 22:36- Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Nehemiah 4:17-18 - They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon; For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me )

Last edited: