• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sample Letter to your Delegates supporting SB347

Shallnotbeinfringed

Facebook won't allow advanced features like italics, so I'm going to put this up here for folks to read, use to write their own letter, or for a simple cut and paste. I've written it so it is simple, to the point, generic enough to be sent to every delegate with few revisions. It's not perfect, it wasn't intended to be.

Everyone who would like to use this is welcome to do so. I am putting this out to the public to use as they see fit.

IF YOU CUT AND PASTE THIS, MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR DELEGATES NAME IN AND ADD YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION AT THE END.

Dear Delegate XXXXXX:

I am writing you today in support of SB347, as amended by the House Judiciary Committee. I understand you receive numerous emails on this, and other subjects, so I will keep my comments brief.

I am a constituent of your district and I have educated and informed myself regarding SB347. Without going into great detail, I support this bill for numerous reasons. Some of which are:

- This bill removes the requirement that forces a West Virginia resident, who is not otherwise prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm, to purchase their right to bear arms in a concealed manner.

- This bill also removes the requirement that forces a West Virginia resident, who is not otherwise prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm, to purchase their right to bear arms while in a vehicle conducting their daily business.
- This bill retains our current licensing system, which allows West Virginians who choose to travel out of state the ability to enjoy the reciprocity agreements we have with other states.

The Constitution of West Virginia spells out explicitly that "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use." This legislative session will be remembered as one that affirmed the individual right to bear arms as best fit their circumstance. Over the years, the right to keep and bear arms has been chipped away little by little. This bill takes a big step to restoring and affirming a basic, fundamental right of West Virginians. That being the right to bear arms in a way that best suits the individuals need. I urge you to vote in favor of the bill, and to reject any additional amendments.

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
YOUR PHONE NUMBER

twoskinsonemanns

It was a little aggravating that the house had to change it to pass it but it's still not bad.
Email sent.