• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia man and women suffer gunshot wounds when her Glock goes off...

OC for ME

Police say a woman and her boyfriend were wounded when a gun in her purse discharged.

The incident occurred Saturday afternoon as the couple sat in a vehicle outside a residence in Bassett, Virginia.

Franklin County sheriff's Lt. Phillip Young says the bullet went through one of the man's hands and both of the woman's legs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hot-wounds-Glock-goes-accidentally-purse.html
Another incident where a Glock took its frustration out on its owner(s).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lots of opportunities to be hating on tupperware and laughing at possible aspects of the behavior of the involved parties.

I want to know a) was the gun in the purse contained by a secure (in any way you want to define that so long as it keeps hold of the gun and keeps purse detritus out of the trigger area) holster? b) Was the secure holster (if it existed) in amongst the rest of the stuff in the purse or was it in a separate compartment?

This incident does not have the hallmarks of a booger hook/bang swithch interface episode. This may in fact be a time that the gun "went off".

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have to admit, I'm warming up to my 10mm more all the time for a lot of reasons...but they shouldn't be carried by half the people who have them.
Go to greentops and complain about no safety and you get a dog and pony show.

The simple fact is you have to have a holster that covers the trigger and be damn careful how you put it in. I'll bet she just had it in her purse unholstered.

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I have to admit, I'm warming up to my 10mm more all the time for a lot of reasons...but they shouldn't be carried by half the people who have them.
Go to greentops and complain about no safety and you get a dog and pony show.

The simple fact is you have to have a holster that covers the trigger and be damn careful how you put it in. I'll bet she just had it in her purse unholstered.

Agree. Modern firearms do not just "go off" by themselves, the trigger has to be pulled. Just stuffing a pistol in a purse or a pocket does nothing to protect the trigger, especially considering the contents of most women's purses ... or men's pockets.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I have something similar to the picture below that would most likely kept this from happening.

View attachment 12406

Regardless of how one may feel about apendix carry, we are all pretty much aware that there needs to be a violation of more than one of The Four Rules before things go all pear shaped. That little device makes it difficult to violate the rule about booger hook/bang switch interface.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Regardless of how one may feel about apendix carry, we are all pretty much aware that there needs to be a violation of more than one of The Four Rules before things go all pear shaped. That little device makes it difficult to violate the rule about booger hook/bang switch interface.

stay safe.

It does leave little to the imagination where to tie that string though and darned if I want to practise my quick draw with it tethered properly.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That's what I would expect from somebody that bought a glock, not much.

I know, there are those out there that love their plastic guns, but I am NOT one of them, especially the ones with no safety.

But .... But .... But it's got three safeties, not counting the one between the operator's ears.

I admit I do not like tupperware - of any brand. But that's a personal prefrence.

I have revolvers with a trigger pull less than the NY2 Glock trigger. A few with internal or shroouded hammers. So far I've managed to carry them around without them "going off" unless I did something intentional to make that happen.

Which brings me back to something related to the booger hook/bang switch interface. Could have been a lipstick tube, or car keys or anything else able to get into that space.

stay safe.

twoskinsonemanns

I never understood the irrational bias against plastics. What is it you don't like? My HK45 has become my favorite handgun I've ever used.

va_tazdad

I never understood the irrational bias against plastics. What is it you don't like? My HK45 has become my favorite handgun I've ever used.

I have the Glock sales rep to thank for my rational dislike of plastic guns, and the morons that sell them.

Never met a more incompetent and mentally deficient moron carrying a firearm.

twoskinsonemanns

I have the Glock sales rep to thank for my rational dislike of plastic guns, and the morons that sell them.

Never met a more incompetent and mentally deficient moron carrying a firearm.

I wouldn't call dislike of an object based on your personal feeling toward the person carrying the object rational.

ETA. I don't think I've ever met a salesman I didn't dislike.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

I wouldn't call dislike of an object based on your personal feeling toward the person carrying the object rational.

ETA. I don't think I've ever met a salesman I didn't dislike.

That's okay, I wouldn't call purchasing a plastic gun, especially a glock, rational. So it seems about the same to me.

I had a plastic H&K that was issued to me that beat the glock hands down. To each their own. ;>)

twoskinsonemanns

Hey if someone doesn't like the feel of plastic, or they fear plastic isn't strong enough I can buy that. But your dislike of it based on the sales rep is weak sauce brah. :lol:

va_tazdad

Hey if someone doesn't like the feel of plastic, or they fear plastic isn't strong enough I can buy that. But your dislike of it based on the sales rep is weak sauce brah. :lol:

No hun, more about the constant stupid excuses used by glock plastic owners for the negligent discharges they seem to have.

Happens far too frequently, but based on my 1st experience with Glock products, I don't expect any better. And no, I don't fear plastic.

;>)

twoskinsonemanns

I have the Glock sales rep to thank for my rational dislike of plastic guns

No hun, more about the constant stupid excuses used by glock plastic owners for the negligent discharges they seem to have.

Happens far too frequently, but based on my 1st experience with Glock products, I don't expect any better. And no, I don't fear plastic.

;>)

okey dokey lol