• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

solus

As i have been looking at some of the no guns allowed signs i noticed some say "its unlawful in nc to carry a concealed hand gun" and "carrying a concealed hand gun is not allowed". So is it ok to OC in these places or does it mean no guns at all? I'm confused if they are just not allowing concealed. Thanks!!

could you put some context into where specifically you saw these signs? there are some McDs where they say no concealed and I just walk in OC'g. those same places have now put up gun buster signs which say NO FIREARMS.

ipse

knd578

It was a Papa johns where it said unlawfull to carry concealed in nc and a city park that sad carrying concealed hand gun not allowed.

solus

It was a Papa johns where it said unlawfull to carry concealed in nc and a city park that sad carrying concealed hand gun not allowed.

after reviewing al gore's invention I am unable to locate a papa john's corp policy that relates to customers being allowed in their stores with firearms, OC or CC. now if you are an employee of PJ's their HR policies specifically state delivery persons can not carry during the accomplishment of their delivery duties.

now for the city park, there are provisions granted by state statute to allow municipalities to make GFZs of certain defined recreational areas. where the problem arises is the municipalities definition of recreational areas and they got pushy and generated ordinances against a myriad pseudo recreational areas under their purview based on their emotional biases.

so as you can see there are some areas, such as papa john's private property and recreational areas within municipalities where firearms are not welcome. of course the NC statutes specifically state firearms are not allowed wherever it is posted.

ipse

knd578

Last edited:

Vagrant

Knd578

I've open carried in Greensboro for a year now, I have never had problems with carrying here save for that situation at China Buffet, or as I call it panicky older white man freaks out because of legally armed black man, just focus on doing what your doing and being aware of what's going on around u and you'll be fine.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes i am aware. My point is, is it legal to OC in places that have signs saying unlawfull to "conceal carry".
If the is no generic wording (no guns/weapons) or only concealed carry is mentioned, then yes OC would be legal until you are told otherwise.

Subject to the statutory restrictions noted in § 14-415.11.

bc.cruiser

Yes i am aware. My point is, is it legal to OC in places that have signs saying unlawfull to "conceal carry".

If the sign says "No firearms/weapons": You may not OC; You may not CC

If the sign says "No Concealed Firearms/weapons": You may not CC; You may OC (At least until owner or person in charge tells you to leave.)

If the sign says "No firearms/weapons except CC with Permit)": You may CC; You may not OC

Last edited: