• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Event on the 15th of Every Month at 6:00 PM at Muzzle Loader Cafe

bwarren917

Based upon the advice of several users in my last post, which will be deleted (if possible) after this one is posted, here are the details of my new open carry event in Billings.

I'm open and receptive to ideas and suggestions. Simply post a reply to this forum thread, and we can setup something. Supportive, professional, and polite LEO's are welcome to join. While I'd prefer all attendee's not open carry long guns (due to message it sends to some people about those who open carry), it's completely your decision. I will only be carrying my pistol (along with my standard stuff on my belt).

Meet at:
Muzzle Loader Cafe and Powderhorn lounge
4912 Laurel Rd, Billings, MT 59101

15th of each month from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
We can adjust details after we meet, and can establish if we want to meet elsewhere for our next meeting.
How about we start June 15th, 2015?

Thoughts? Please confirm you will be coming by replying to this forum, because if no one comes, I'll just take care of other errands.

bwarren917

A bit too far for me. I really hope someone else is able to make it. Its hard to get meetings setup in Montana just due to the population density.

Sorry to hear that.....

Yea, I understand MT might be hard to find people to join in such an event. However, Billings is a big (relatively) city. I figured of all the places where more people OC, this is probably the place.

In any event, I hope we can get some people to come! I'd hate to miss the meet up there because no one RSVPd on this forum, and I didn't know they were ultimately meeting there.

kd7one

Meeting Idea

I have a great subject to cover. What do we do after we shot someone in self defense.
If it is possible, I would like to have one of the local LEOs to give us a presentation of what we should do, how we should do it and why.

bwarren917

I have a great subject to cover. What do we do after we shot someone in self defense.
If it is possible, I would like to have one of the local LEOs to give us a presentation of what we should do, how we should do it and why.

That's a good idea. However, we need to make sure the LEO is not one of those arrogant, power-hungry type. Perhaps asking a lawyer and all of us pitching into his charge might be worth it? Typically lawyers are the best source for this information.

jerrman29

Do you still do this? It's too far for me to drive but if there are any events around Butte like this I'd sure love to attend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

solus

Do you still do this? It's too far for me to drive but if there are any events around Butte like this I'd sure love to attend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

as a great master has repeatedly stated....set it up, put it out there, and they will come!

ipse