Thread: It's Official - Moving

It's Official - Moving

Update 5/20/2015

Zach Ashby will be taking over the Litter Clean up. He runs Tacoma Open Carry site on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/808573605830991/

SAF is taking over the website(s) Washingtongunrights.com & .net
    They will also pay the next 2 years for the website Opencarry Washington.

June 1st I will be on the road back to Kentucky, for good. There are some Open Carry websites and equipment that I need to turn over to a responsible member.

OC banner with Gun Show tub & Armed Volunteer Litter Crew Sign as well as the road equipment used for the Litter Crews. Someone will have to go with me and sign for all the equipment (hard hats, vests, signs and stands) from the State Road Crew.

The websites are hosted by GoDaddy and it's a easy process to turn them over and set up new log in / passwords.

WashingtonGunRights.com / WashingtonGunRights.net - expires 9/23/2015 (Basically this is the WA Gun Rights pamphlet in web format) I also use it to host info for Sheriff Dickerson's trips to WA to issue Oregon CHL's.

www.OpenCarryWashington.com - expires 1/20/2017 (redirects to the main Washington OC forum - no web editing needed) who can remember the main forum web address? this is a short and easily remembered address that when talking to folks points them right to us.

I can assist in the web sites for a bit but at this time there is nothing really you have to do unless you update the WGR pamphlet info, then that info needs to be updated on the website.

It's been wonderful living here these last 29 years, I am sure going to miss the area and many of you good folks.
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 05-20-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Wow, Kentucky. Congratulations. It was nice to meet you the couple times I did and thank you for you extensive involvement of open carry in Washington. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope to see you again some day.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    June 1st I will be on the road back to Kentucky, for good...
    Get together with gutshot when you get moved in to Kentucky. He's made a lot of things happen - he's the real deal.

Don't be put off by the typesize he uses in his posts. His eyes aren't the greatest.

Very sorry to see you go Bill. You've been invaluable to the gun rights movement in many different ways here in WA. It's been an honor to have you with us.

Unhappy So sorry to see you go

When are you leaving? Will we see you guys at the camp out this May?

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    When are you leaving? Will we see you guys at the camp out this May?
    We are still going to the campout but as soon as we get back, it's all business of packing and getting ready for june 1st.

Not a happy camper!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    ...When you get settled, I hope we can meet and get acquainted...
    Let me know when and where and I might join you, subject to your approval.
    Last edited by BB62; 03-14-2015 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Let me know when and where and I might join you, subject to your approval.
    I'd love to set up a meet & greet with you and Gutshot. I'll be moving to the Madisonville / Hopkinsville area.

June 1st I will be on the road back to Kentucky, for good. There are some Open Carry websites and equipment that I need to turn over to a responsible member.

OC banner with Gun Show tub & Armed Volunteer Litter Crew Sign as well as the road equipment used for the Litter Crews. Someone will have to go with me and sign for all the equipment (hard hats, vests, signs and stands) from the State Road Crew.

The websites are hosted by GoDaddy and it's a easy process to turn them over and set up new log in / passwords.

WashingtonGunRights.com / WashingtonGunRights.net - expires 9/23/2015 (Basically this is the WA Gun Rights pamphlet in web format) I also use it to host info for Sheriff Dickerson's trips to WA to issue Oregon CHL's.

www.OpenCarryWashington.com - expires 1/20/2017 (redirects to the main Washington OC forum - no web editing needed) who can remember the main forum web address? this is a short and easily remembered address that when talking to folks points them right to us.

I can assist in the web sites for a bit but at this time there is nothing really you have to do unless you update the WGR pamphlet info, then that info needs to be updated on the website.

It's been wonderful living here these last 29 years, I am sure going to miss the area and many of you good folks.
    NO you are not, Coeur D'Alene is as far East as you can go. Your car will break down, your ears will fall off and your nose will turn blue if you try. End of discussion!!!
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    NO you are not, Coeur D'Alene is as far East as you can go. Your car will break down, your ears will fall off and your nose will turn blue if you try. End of discussion!!!
    Barb said we will meet for dinner when we pass through....

Barb said we will meet for dinner when we pass through....
    Cool another opportunity for sabotage. Let me know I will do some ribs or ??? on the Traeger. If we are doing dinner plan on spending the night if you want.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Cool another opportunity for sabotage. Let me know I will do some ribs or ??? on the Traeger. If we are doing dinner plan on spending the night if you want.
    excellent !

If you drive I90 through MT on the way let me know, I'll meet up and buy you lunch or coffee/tea in Missoula.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 03-15-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    If you drive I90 through MT on the way let me know, I'll meet up and buy you lunch or coffee/tea in Missoula.

Will Do!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Madisonville, KY, that's 250 miles from Cincinnati.

Still looking for someone to take over the equipment and web sites. See the first post for more info.
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 03-18-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Are the Armed Litter Patrol events still happening?

Are the Armed Litter Patrol highway clean-up events still happening? I've often thought about going to those over the years. I think I recall that there used to be a section of highway north of Seattle that would be closer to me than the Tacoma area. I did some quick searching on here and I don't see anything mentioned about either spot in the past few years. Is it still going on?

Sounds like you were an organizer. Even though I never showed up, just knowing that such a thing existed made me even more proud to OC. Thank you.

-- Sandy (WA)

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Are the Armed Litter Patrol highway clean-up events still happening? I've often thought about going to those over the years. I think I recall that there used to be a section of highway north of Seattle that would be closer to me than the Tacoma area. I did some quick searching on here and I don't see anything mentioned about either spot in the past few years. Is it still going on?

Sounds like you were an organizer. Even though I never showed up, just knowing that such a thing existed made me even more proud to OC. Thank you.

-- Sandy (WA)
    Sorry for the very late reply....
    The cleanup will still be happening. Zach Ashby will be taking over. He runs the Tacoma Open Carry site on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/808573605830991/

Bill:
    It has been a pleasure to know you and watch your quiet and low-key activism work on so many Evergreen State gunnies.

Best wishes in Kentucky. The NRA gathers there next year in Louisville, IIRC. I'll be looking for you!

Stay safe and shoot straight, amigo

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Our loss, Kentucky's gain!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Bill:
    It has been a pleasure to know you and watch your quiet and low-key activism work on so many Evergreen State gunnies.

Best wishes in Kentucky. The NRA gathers there next year in Louisville, IIRC. I'll be looking for you!

Stay safe and shoot straight, amigo
    Thanks much !
    I plan on attending in Louisville, maybe someone I know can set me up with some credentials for some of the really cool stuff?

Thanks much !
    I plan on attending in Louisville, maybe someone I know can set me up with some credentials for some of the really cool stuff?
    Methinks you and gutshot should discuss taking down the Yum Center.

PM me where you are now - I'd love to get together with the two of you just for a meet 'n greet.