Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: oc between the burbs and the farm

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    oc between the burbs and the farm

    I have to go through two counties that I can have a loaded handgun in the car but not a loaded rifle.
    Why is my magic rifle more likely to be involved in road rage than my magic handgun....this is an idiot law to the tenth power. Of course if I pay the county 50.00 ...both magic guns are safe.



    Last edited by peter nap; 03-13-2015 at 11:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I have to go through two counties that I can have a loaded handgun in the car but not a loaded rifle.
    Why is my magic rifle more likely to be involved in road rage than my magic handgun....this is an idiot law to the tenth power. Of course if I pay the county 50.00 ...both magic guns are safe.
    Buying safety with the printed word is the magic.



    Whether it is the magic words by ordinance or excused by permit, matters not - it must be working as your long gun has not harmed anyone as it travels through these protected zones.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-16-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Corrected Engrish
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stuarts Draft, Virginia
    Posts
    78
    Well duh! People that can CC are less likely to road hunt than those that are not regulated!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    As seen in many laws they are trying to regulate behavior by regulating objects.

    The old if I can't catch you doing the illegal act I want to charge you with something.

    Never seemed to be a good policy just makes violators out of a lot of innocent people.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
    Well duh! People that can CC are less likely to road hunt than those that are not regulated!
    Some day I'll tell the story of Kirby and the pigs. Kirby invented Shall issue and VCDL..you know.

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Now that the subject of chippers being less likely to hunt from the road...looks like that dog hunter in k&Q charged with reckless handling for using the road as his private shooting preserve has a CHP. Hopefully the judge fixes that. There are a few more dog hunters charged this year I need to check on too.
    Oh...don't want to forget the NOVITE that shot up the pickup truck on interstate.....of course he used a handgun which doesn't count.
    Oh my...I just looked at a picture of a dog hunter on facebook standing on the roof of his truck shooting. ...I'll ask if he has a CHP.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-14-2015 at 06:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Just poking fun Riverhound, although all those things are true...but think about it, this bill is a plus for the antis. Ask Goddard or Lori if they are against guns and they'll answer no. They want everyone to undergo a background check and have a permit before they can buy or carry in any way a gun.
    Further, it weakens the gun lobby considerably by snubbing non permit holders.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stuarts Draft, Virginia
    Posts
    78
    I understand, I posted with sarcasm in mind.
    Here in Augusta county it's only $40 to get the piece of paper that proves you're a great guy.
    I spend a lot of time alone fishing the small trout streams in the NF so I got a CC to allow me to at least carry when I'm camping and fishing which is stupid. If the forest service recognizes state laws why don't they allow open carry like the state? It's because that $40 automatically makes me a good guy. The back ground check I had to go through to buy a firearm must not mean anything then.
    Any other time I open carry. I refuse to dress around my pistol.
    Does anybody have a lead on where to buy those nifty CC badges?
    BTW, the way you feel about dog hunters is pretty much the way I feel about the bear hunters in the mountains here.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
    I understand, I posted with sarcasm in mind.
    Here in Augusta county it's only $40 to get the piece of paper that proves you're a great guy.
    I spend a lot of time alone fishing the small trout streams in the NF so I got a CC to allow me to at least carry when I'm camping and fishing which is stupid. If the forest service recognizes state laws why don't they allow open carry like the state? It's because that $40 automatically makes me a good guy. The back ground check I had to go through to buy a firearm must not mean anything then.
    Any other time I open carry. I refuse to dress around my pistol.
    Does anybody have a lead on where to buy those nifty CC badges?
    BTW, the way you feel about dog hunters is pretty much the way I feel about the bear hunters in the mountains here.
    Funny because I grew up pretty much where you are. Spent my all my time hunting and fishing those mountains and oced the whole time. Everyone did and never a word said. Even at the lakes in the summer when you'd see a ranger now and then.
    Since permits were impossible to get pretty much anywhere in the valley people just ignored the law and unless you were breaking a major law...LE didn't care.
    Those were the good old days.

    All the dog hunters are likely to be real unhappy this coming winter BTW.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-15-2015 at 08:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
    I understand, I posted with sarcasm in mind.
    Does anybody have a lead on where to buy those nifty CC badges?
    You had to go and ask, didn't you?

    http://www.nles.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=347 - just the first place that Google served up.

    But I think what you really would want - especially for NF forays - is http://www.policestore.com/duty-gear...prod42039.aspx

    And it's on sale now! Get one for you and one for a friend.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You had to go and ask, didn't you?

    http://www.nles.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=347 - just the first place that Google served up.

    But I think what you really would want - especially for NF forays - is http://www.policestore.com/duty-gear...prod42039.aspx

    And it's on sale now! Get one for you and one for a friend.

    stay safe.
    Doesn't PCDL have them for sale?
    Sorry...IT'S ECDL I think. I can't post a picture. It's copyrighted.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-15-2015 at 11:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,507
    They should have 'Dumb and Dumber' and 'Registered Dimwit' sashes also. I bet they'd sell to someone.

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Doesn't PCDL have them for sale?
    Sorry...IT'S ECDL I think. I can't post a picture. It's copyrighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    They should have 'Dumb and Dumber' and 'Registered Dimwit' sashes also. I bet they'd sell to someone.
    Some have been convinced to give them away......then the facilitator has implied that all glory and fame is his.

    IMHO - the more honorable thing would be to say, "I didn't do anything but put 1 + 1 together. The thanks goes to the contributor."

    To those that don't know the not so secret background, this refers to "giveaways" at certain dinners.

    BTW - copyrights are still a remembered sore point.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some have been convinced to give them away......then the facilitator has implied that all glory and fame is his.

    IMHO - the more honorable thing would be to say, "I didn't do anything but put 1 + 1 together. The thanks goes to the contributor."

    To those that don't know the not so secret background, this refers to "giveaways" at certain dinners.

    BTW - copyrights are still a remembered sore point.
    Yes...much veiled humor in this Grapeshot. ..while I consider this bill a serious problem, I've done all I can and it's time to have some light hearted, politically incorrect fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •