• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc between the burbs and the farm

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have to go through two counties that I can have a loaded handgun in the car but not a loaded rifle.
Why is my magic rifle more likely to be involved in road rage than my magic handgun....this is an idiot law to the tenth power. Of course if I pay the county 50.00 ...both magic guns are safe.

kQQhZ2Z.jpg

MtVo1tY.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have to go through two counties that I can have a loaded handgun in the car but not a loaded rifle.
Why is my magic rifle more likely to be involved in road rage than my magic handgun....this is an idiot law to the tenth power. Of course if I pay the county 50.00 ...both magic guns are safe.
Buying safety with the printed word is the magic.

Whether it is the magic words by ordinance or excused by permit, matters not - it must be working as your long gun has not harmed anyone as it travels through these protected zones.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

As seen in many laws they are trying to regulate behavior by regulating objects.

The old if I can't catch you doing the illegal act I want to charge you with something.

Never seemed to be a good policy just makes violators out of a lot of innocent people.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Now that the subject of chippers being less likely to hunt from the road...looks like that dog hunter in k&Q charged with reckless handling for using the road as his private shooting preserve has a CHP. Hopefully the judge fixes that. There are a few more dog hunters charged this year I need to check on too.
Oh...don't want to forget the NOVITE that shot up the pickup truck on interstate.....of course he used a handgun which doesn't count.
Oh my...I just looked at a picture of a dog hunter on facebook standing on the roof of his truck shooting. ...I'll ask if he has a CHP.
:monkey

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just poking fun Riverhound, although all those things are true...but think about it, this bill is a plus for the antis. Ask Goddard or Lori if they are against guns and they'll answer no. They want everyone to undergo a background check and have a permit before they can buy or carry in any way a gun.
Further, it weakens the gun lobby considerably by snubbing non permit holders.

Roverhound

I understand, I posted with sarcasm in mind.
Here in Augusta county it's only $40 to get the piece of paper that proves you're a great guy.
I spend a lot of time alone fishing the small trout streams in the NF so I got a CC to allow me to at least carry when I'm camping and fishing which is stupid. If the forest service recognizes state laws why don't they allow open carry like the state? It's because that $40 automatically makes me a good guy. The back ground check I had to go through to buy a firearm must not mean anything then.
Any other time I open carry. I refuse to dress around my pistol.
Does anybody have a lead on where to buy those nifty CC badges?
BTW, the way you feel about dog hunters is pretty much the way I feel about the bear hunters in the mountains here.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Here in Augusta county it's only $40 to get the piece of paper that proves you're a great guy.
I spend a lot of time alone fishing the small trout streams in the NF so I got a CC to allow me to at least carry when I'm camping and fishing which is stupid. If the forest service recognizes state laws why don't they allow open carry like the state? It's because that $40 automatically makes me a good guy. The back ground check I had to go through to buy a firearm must not mean anything then.
Any other time I open carry. I refuse to dress around my pistol.
BTW, the way you feel about dog hunters is pretty much the way I feel about the bear hunters in the mountains here.

Funny because I grew up pretty much where you are. Spent my all my time hunting and fishing those mountains and oced the whole time. Everyone did and never a word said. Even at the lakes in the summer when you'd see a ranger now and then.
Since permits were impossible to get pretty much anywhere in the valley people just ignored the law and unless you were breaking a major law...LE didn't care.
Those were the good old days.

All the dog hunters are likely to be real unhappy this coming winter BTW.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

You had to go and ask, didn't you?

http://www.nles.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=347 - just the first place that Google served up.

But I think what you really would want - especially for NF forays - is http://www.policestore.com/duty-gea...-360-id-identification-banners-prod42039.aspx

And it's on sale now! Get one for you and one for a friend.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Doesn't PCDL have them for sale?
Sorry...IT'S ECDL I think. I can't post a picture. It's copyrighted.

They should have 'Dumb and Dumber' and 'Registered Dimwit' sashes also. I bet they'd sell to someone.
:)

Some have been convinced to give them away......then the facilitator has implied that all glory and fame is his.

IMHO - the more honorable thing would be to say, "I didn't do anything but put 1 + 1 together. The thanks goes to the contributor."

To those that don't know the not so secret background, this refers to "giveaways" at certain dinners.

BTW - copyrights are still a remembered sore point.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Some have been convinced to give them away......then the facilitator has implied that all glory and fame is his.

IMHO - the more honorable thing would be to say, "I didn't do anything but put 1 + 1 together. The thanks goes to the contributor."

To those that don't know the not so secret background, this refers to "giveaways" at certain dinners.

BTW - copyrights are still a remembered sore point.

Yes...much veiled humor in this Grapeshot. ..while I consider this bill a serious problem, I've done all I can and it's time to have some light hearted, politically incorrect fun.