• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How one city kept the peace after a white cop/black suspect OIS

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So there is something positive to be said for things like transparency and ongoing community relations building and avoiding an us-v-them attitude.

"Out of about 25 civilians who sat through the presentation, only one verbalized that he still thought the shooting was unnecessary,” ....

Pretty amazing considering some recent trends towards throwing the cops under the bus no matter what.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

So there is something positive to be said for things like transparency and ongoing community relations building and avoiding an us-v-them attitude.

Pretty amazing considering some recent trends towards throwing the cops under the bus no matter what.

stay safe.

+1 the body cam was well worth the money.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

stay safe.

Well, yes. But, lets not overlook why we're at this juncture. The people of various communities are not looking to throw cops under the bus because police have been paragons of virtue and restraint.

And, don't forget the appellate court in the deep south (Alabama, Mississippi?) where the court took judicial notice of the frequency with which video equipment suffered "technical problems" when a police officer was accused of excessive force.

OC for ME

A former cop of the year in the STLPD gave her cronies a heads up "We are Red" (code for film rolling) while subduing a rather uncooperative suspect. She got a wee bit of training...I literally mean just a wee bit of training. She got a suspension...five days:rolleyes: and appealed that via the cop union.

Nope, the us vs. them schtick is of a cop's making in many cases and perpetuated almost exclusively by cops. I certainly do not subscribe to the us vs. them schtick, but I ain't no cop either and cannot act on this schtick under the law when I encounter a cop...casually of course.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
force science is has put out another article regarding, well you can read the article yourselves...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-copblack-suspect-officer-involved-shooting/

ipse

PS: hindsight, i would be shaking if i was the victim in the video...

Subscribing to Force Science is a good thing - a number of us do.

You will get information suitable for both sides of the us v. them fence - well balanced.

Very well researched and documented, excellent training/certification, et al.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Well, yes. But, lets not overlook why we're at this juncture. The people of various communities are not looking to throw cops under the bus because police have been paragons of virtue and restraint.

Just taking note of the fact that once evidence of a credible nature was placed in front of them the "community leaders" ceased calling for the head of the cop on a pike - except for one who apparently belives cops can do no right no matter what.

stay safe.