• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And it did not make the news (California edition)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.thebangswitch.com/another-self-defense-gun-use-that-never-happens/

Reader’s Digest version of the incident: Cops got several calls because crazy, drugged out of his mind white guy is running around a shopping center trying to fight people and steal things. Cops arrive and cannot find him. A couple of citizens direct cops to the apartment complex across the street where the crazy guy was last seen. As cops pull into the complex, they hear a gunshot. Crazy white guy runs out and flops on the ground with gunshot wounds to both legs.

A few minutes later, a black male teenager comes over and tells cops his uncle just shot a guy in their apartment. We (the cops) go to the apartment and a black male in his 40’s comes out with his hands up and tells us he just shot a guy who broke into their apartment and that the gun is inside the apartment. Not knowing what happened, we detained the uncle, talk to a bunch of neighbors and other witnesses.

Eevill Assault Rifle involved. Still trying to work out how one shot hit the suspect in both legs. Just put the "You could just shoot him in the leg" thing aside as it does not rear its ugly head.

Well done all around.

stay safe.

papa bear

sounds like this failed the Media on several levels. black guy shoots white guy, uses a legals gun, shoots someone breaking in and threatening his family, not arresting the black man or miss treating him

the Media just couldn't do anything with it

Maverick9

Why not thank the homeowner and take the BG to the pokey?

Everything backward. House gets broken into and nobody is killed and they detain the guy that lives there. I mean I'm glad the BG didn't crawl away and escape, at least. (rolls eyes)

utbagpiper

Banned
papa bear said:
the Media just couldn't do anything with it

+1

Just too contrary to all of their preconceived perceptions and story lines.

Why not thank the homeowner and take the BG to the pokey?

Everything backward. House gets broken into and nobody is killed and they detain the guy that lives there. I mean I'm glad the BG didn't crawl away and escape, at least. (rolls eyes)

Homeowner is detained for being too poor a shot to hit center of mass even using a rifle. :)

Actually, what happens is the wounded BG is taken to hospital under guard. Homeowner is questioned to determine what happened. It is kind of nice to make sure it is actually the nut case bad guy who got shot (and thus isn't wandering around elsewhere) rather than some domestic dispute that coincidentally happened at the same time nutcase wanders through complex.

After all, we all recognize that "questioned" by the police is the same as being "detained" by the police? When a man gets shot, questions need to be asked. Ask for a lawyer and then keep your mouth shut is good advice. But sometimes things work out for the best even if that advice is ignored.

I hope the homeowner's rifle, mags, etc were all legal under the PRC's draconian laws and that he doesn't face any legal problems for having defended his home and family from a wack job home invader.

Charles

Maverick9

They question the dirt-bag neighbors? How about hearsay?

I hope the HO just sat there and said nothing and had his lawyer come in. Why even let the cops in his house? If the lawyer had been THERE no cops would have gone in.

Glad they didn't shoot him.

Elm Creek Smith

Still trying to work out how one shot hit the suspect in both legs.

1. The shooter was to one side of the suspect. 2. The suspect saw the gun and was turning to flee when the hammer fell. (This is not a condemnation of the shooter since reaction time is involved.) 3. The suspect was walking silly. (gratuitous Monty Python reference)