• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picked up a F350 in WV a few week ago

Sir Diealotz

I had been searching for a particular type F350 truck for a while and finally found a few. One was in West Virginia and one in Georgia (I'm in central KY).

So we drive over to Bluefield WV and HOLY MOTHER OF #@#$%^%^ as soon as we crossed over into WV the interstate was just awful!!! This is I64. Seems as if it did get better the farther we drove down I64 and I77.

Anyway, I was CC and then OC at the dealership when I crawled under the truck to look for any extensive corrosion etc... Everything looked good and nothing was said about my sidearm.

Enjoyed the visit and brought home a new(er) truck :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

bc.cruiser

Similar experience 2 weeks ago when I bought mine ('08 Superduty DRW long bed):cool:. I had put the 1911 in the wife's mini van while I crawled under the truck. After the deal was made, and I was backing out to leave, the wife started beeping her horn. I stopped and went to see what she needed. She yelled out that I hadn't gotten my gun out of the car. The salesman stopped and asked: "He carries more than one?" :lol:She hadn't noticed I had already gotten it before doing the paperwork. Neither the owner nor the salesman had any problem with it.

Sir Diealotz

Similar experience 2 weeks ago when I bought mine ('08 Superduty DRW long bed):cool:. I had put the 1911 in the wife's mini van while I crawled under the truck. After the deal was made, and I was backing out to leave, the wife started beeping her horn. I stopped and went to see what she needed. She yelled out that I hadn't gotten my gun out of the car. The salesman stopped and asked: "He carries more than one?" :lol:She hadn't noticed I had already gotten it before doing the paperwork. Neither the owner nor the salesman had any problem with it.

Nice! V10 or Diesel? I was looking for a 6.2L Gas F350 Super or Crew DRW and they are hard to find!

HPmatt

I-64 heading west out of Lexington VA is a very nice drive.
Hardly any truck traffic on that part of the road - must have been one of the last boondoggles Sen Byrd got for WV.