• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vote Or Else!

Maverick9

If you don't vote, you have no right to bitch. My .02

Beyotching is not a right, it's an ability.

If you vote, you get to do jury duty quicker...

What's his method for 'forcing people' to vote? If there was an easy-peasy way to click on a link or use of the 'Net, but the gubmint don't want that because they'd be a-skeerd of what might happen.

In fact BHO/they don't want you to vote for the reasons stated, I bet.

beebobby

In addition to the 19th, the right to vote is mentioned in the 15th, 24th and 26th Amendments to the Constitution. Each time it plainly states the right of citizens of the Unites States to vote.

I do not think any other right is mentioned five times in the Constitution as is the case with the right to vote. It should be clear that it is also a protected right which, “shall not be abridged or denied.” Unfortunately, the need for the four special Amendments has been due to the injustice of political manipulation. Perhaps, sadly, even with these protections of the right to vote, we have not seen the end of republican political attempts to manipulate (abridge, deny) citizens’ right to vote (in certain demographic locations).

utbagpiper

Banned
Perhaps, sadly, even with these protections of the right to vote, we have not seen the end of republican political attempts to manipulate (abridge, deny) citizens’ right to vote (in certain demographic locations).

I'm not aware of any recent "republican political attempts to ...abridge/deny citizens' right to vote." Can you point those out?

There have been some videos floating around of New Black Panthers standing outside voting places holding clubs in what has been described as an attempt to intimidate white voters away.

You can't cash a welfare check, buy alcohol or booze, or drive a car in this nation without government issued photo ID. Requiring photo ID to cast a vote only suppresses the vote of the dead, the illegal alien, and those attempting vote fraud. And even in Chicago, there isn't any right for the dead to vote; all bad jokes on the subject notwithstanding.

Charles

OC for ME

... Perhaps, sadly, even with these protections of the right to vote, we have not seen the end of republican political attempts to manipulate (abridge, deny) citizens’ right to vote (in certain demographic locations).
Another unhappy and perpetually angry liberal chimes in. :rolleyes:

sudden valley gunner

Well, their opinions are special because...well...you know...because you have a social obligation to submit yourself to their opinions. <skynnnnxx>

LOL....oh I forgot....Some animals are more equal than others.

Notice the fallacy argument above. You need an ID for these things so you should have no problem with ID for this.....most of those things already mandated by force of the state.