Thread: RVA OC Breakfast Sat 9:30 AM 3/21 - Nick's Roman Terrace 8501 W Broad St Rd

RVA OC Breakfast Sat 9:30 AM 3/21 - Nick's Roman Terrace 8501 W Broad St Rd

Grapeshot claims he will be playing soccer grandpa tomorrow so we are on our own. Just let there not be pictures.

Seeing as we do not have to worry about whinging, and seeing as how a certain someone has been jonesing for bisquits with sausage gravy, and seeing as how there is a train - it's Nick's Roman Terrace.

The weather folks are saying low-to-mid 40s around breakfast time, warming up to around 60 in the afternoon. Might be a good idea to wear a jacket.

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-21-2015 at 02:32 PM. Reason: deleted exclamation mark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

As a wise man once said, "Oh Hell yeah !!!!"

But get it on a Nicks roll.

guess since there's a train I'd better bring him, also helps that it's so close to home for me

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    No soccer - field to wet to play zee game.

Daresay I that I shall I be where the talk will be about thee, if you're not there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    No soccer - field to wet to play zee game.

Daresay I that I shall I be where the talk will be about thee, if you're not there.
    "field too wet" .. they gotta learn to play in mud as well, ball slows down and stops much sooner, and it makes slide-tackles easier (well until you try to stop ... in my youth I played 5-a-side and was in goal on an outdoor all weather pitch.. was pouring with rain and i slid down to take the ball from an opposing players feet, I got the ball in my arms but kept on sliding on the wet astroturf until I was stopped by the wall at the edge of the field. I think it was about 5 minutes before everyone stopped laughing enough to be able to resume play)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    "field too wet" .. they gotta learn to play in mud as well, ball slows down and stops much sooner, and it makes slide-tackles easier (well until you try to stop ... in my youth I played 5-a-side and was in goal on an outdoor all weather pitch.. was pouring with rain and i slid down to take the ball from an opposing players feet, I got the ball in my arms but kept on sliding on the wet astroturf until I was stopped by the wall at the edge of the field. I think it was about 5 minutes before everyone stopped laughing enough to be able to resume play)
    Here we don't tackle in soccer - at least not in his age group. It's not rugby or 'Merican football. That'll earn you at least a yellow card.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Mud??? Hahahahahahahahaha Try playing on a frozen field while it is snowing. I played Halfback and spent half the game getting back on my feet after sliding.

Virginia weather in November is much nicer than New York. ;>)

My buddies, my friends, my compatriots, ALL conspired with the waitress (and Tony and Cathy the owners) to attempt to ruin breakfast. After walking in and being greeted by Logan, my BFF, the waitress informed me they were out of their famous Nick's rolls, but that I could still get sausage gravy on a biscuit. I informed her that it just wasn't the same.

They played this right up til I ordered something else from the menu, and the whole group led by the waitress, started laughing at me as I settled for something else.

Happily, I was able to have my regular breakfast. Let's just hope the trauma they caused is temporary. When I told my wife what they did, she laughed as hard as they did.

;>)