• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry group killed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
More information requested

Consolidating the information that I have on arrangements, I find that much is missing.

Jason Spitzer III - 27 yo
The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday (3/27) at Bliley's-Chippenham, 6900 Hull Street Rd. A funeral ceremony will be held 1 p.m. Saturday (3/28)at Hyles Baptist Church, 7220 Courthouse Rd., Chesterfield, Va. 23832. Interment will follow in Dale Memorial Park.
http://www.blileyfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Jason-Michael-Spitzer/Chesterfield-VA/1493511

David A. Armstrong - 29 yo
Tues 3/31, Bliley's Staples Mill Rd

James (Jimmy) F. Higgins - 24 yo
Wed 4/1, 11:00am St. Ann Parish, 17111 Jefferson Davis Hwy Colonial Heights, VA

Ho Jik (Stephen) Kim - 48 yo
Funeral on Saturday, April 4, 2015 @ 11am

Last edited:

ChristCrusader

David A. Armstrong - 29 yo
Tues 3/31, Bliley's Staples Mill Rd

Grape, my understanding is that it's been announced to be sometime AFTER 3/31, but still tbd.
Unless you've heard otherwise.
But otherwise, thanks for consolidating :)

https://www.facebook.com/righttobeararmsrva/posts/1575122199438643
"Memorial service to be held at Blileys Furneral home on Staplesmill Rd. Date to be determined will be after March 31 for sure. When eveything is known will be in the Richmond Times Dispatch, on Blileys web sight, on David Alexanders Memorial facebook page. Also in Glenn Matthew Armstrong & David Stephens Facebook."

Last edited:

ChristCrusader

Jimmy Higgins' obituary

"James "Jimmy" Francis Higgins of Colonial Heights, Virginia, lost his life in a car accident on Friday, March 20. He was 24 years old, just two days shy of his 25th birthday.

Jimmy was born on March 22, 1990, in Warwick New York and grew up in Colonial Heights, Virginia. He graduated from Colonial Heights High School in 2009. He had recently received his Private Investigator license and was looking forward to starting his practice. He was passionate about liberty and protecting the rights defined in our constitution. He played an active role in organizations such as the Right to Bear Arms Richmond and he led the Petersburg/Colonial Heights division for Virginia Cop Block.Through these organizations, he gained new friends and educated many on their rights.

On Sunday, March 22, life-long friends gathered to celebrate his 25th birthday and on Monday, March 23, many members of the community came together at White Bank Park in Colonial Heights to celebrate Jimmy and the hope to "pass the baton" so that his legacy of helping those in need continues.

Jimmy is survived by his parents, Sean and Patricia (of Colonial Heights), and siblings, John (of Suffolk, Va), Jennifer (of Boston, Ma), Stephanie (of Chesterfield, Va) and Charlie (of San Clemente, Ca). He is also survived by his extended family of brothers and sisters-in law, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. He also leaves behind his beloved dog Cerberus and a wealth of friends.

A Memorial Mass will be held on Wednesday, April 1, at St. Ann's Catholic Church in Colonial Heights at 11 a.m. with a reception to follow. All are welcome to attend.

Jimmy was loved by his family and friends and will be missed."

Published in The Progress-Index from Mar. 29 to Mar. 30, 2015
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/progress-index/obituary.aspx?n=james-f-higgins&pid=174512370&

HPmatt

It does seem to fly in the face of their passion that they had.
But Jimmy's service and reception is in a Catholic Church.
His family told me no open carry.
I didn't question her, but it's possibly a policy of the venue.

Since they aren't alive to insist, what they would have wanted is now subjugated to the will of the grieving sensitivities of the family, so I'll sublimate my OC urges of comradery with my fallen compatriots into CC practice, and wait for or create other opportunity(s) to act out our common cause in memoriam.

From book (Albion's Seed, pg 328) am reading on english settlement of VA "...at other funerals as many as fifty or sixty gallons of alcoholic beverages were drunk by a crowd of mourners who were highly volatile and heavily armed. More than a few Virginians requested in their wills that weapons and alcohol be omitted from their funerals, in hopes of of preventing "excess.""

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
From book (Albion's Seed, pg 328) am reading on english settlement of VA "...at other funerals as many as fifty or sixty gallons of alcoholic beverages were drunk by a crowd of mourners who were highly volatile and heavily armed. More than a few Virginians requested in their wills that weapons and alcohol be omitted from their funerals, in hopes of of preventing "excess.""

That was then, this is now. There were reasons beyond getting drunk and rowdy for the described behavior.

Out of respect I will refrain from quoting various and sundry reports of Texas funerals.

stay safe.

HPmatt

I think this was Va practice around the 1670s - about 160 years prior to apaches, karankawas, et al moving out of the way for Va native Sam Houston. Certainly a lot has changed since then. Grief over premature death still continues to ring the same.

FreeInAZ

Folks if possible? Please share this link with others. It's to help cover the funeral expenses for the families of the OCers killed in the accident. The modest goal of $4,000 is no where near being met. Even $5 goes a long way, when many contribute.

http://www.gofundme.com/phbdp4?pc=em_up_2

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Folks if possible? Please share this link with others. It's to help cover the funeral expenses for the families of the OCers killed in the accident. The modest goal of $4,000 is no where near being met. Even $5 goes a long way, when many contribute.

http://www.gofundme.com/phbdp4?pc=em_up_2

There are two other funds soliciting donations also.

http://www.gofundme.com/JSpitzerMemorial?fb_post=1

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?129450-It-s-official-funds-needed

Sadly, none of these seem to be catching fire and that I do not understand.

ChristCrusader

Arrangement updates

Stephen's info has been updated above:
~ Arrangements for Stephen Kim ~
Funeral on Saturday, April 4, 2015 @ 11am
Vienna Baptist Church
541 Marshall Rd., S.W.
Vienna, VA 22180
map

And as a reminder, today is Jimmy Higgins' memorial service with reception afterwards.
Stephanie Higgins Christmas: "A memorial service is scheduled for Jimmy on Wednesday, April 1st at 11am. St. Ann Catholic Church, Colonial Heights, Va.

"There will be a reception afterwards.

"It's a casual affair, no need for anyone to be dressed in suits. Business casual, jeans, whatever.. Jimmy wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable"

*No open carry available.

ChristCrusader

David Alexander's Arrangements Updates

earlier post updated as well with time and date

Latest info for David Alexander Armstrong, posted on RtBAR FB page:

~ Latest Arrangements for David Alexander Armstrong ~
"Memorial service to be held on April 7, at 7pm, at Bliley's Funeral home, 8510 Staples Mill Rd. Will also be posted be in the Richmond Times Dispatch, on Bliley's web site, on David Alexanders Memorial facebook page. Also in Glenn Matthew Armstrong & David Stephens Facebook."

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...45,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x22f833760cb6c550

Last edited by a moderator: