Thread: Where is.........?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Where is.........?

This thread is for remembering and maybe locating long missing OC friends/posters/members. Some sadly will prove to no longer be of this earth, but their memory lingers as they had an impact on us.

TrueBrit - the consummate gentleman, wonderful insight - passed 2008.

MSC 45ACP - Mike, the retired Coast Guardsman activist from Yorktown, 2 daughters - disappeared several years ago.

HankT - last heard from him 2013.

Curtiswr - young man was most active in Greater Richmond, had medical problems, poff, gone 2009.

All are invited to ask, answer, or just remember.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-28-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If you say his name three times he will come back. Applies to qute a few.

Ther are so many posters who came here asking a single question, discussed/debated the collective wisdom, and then drifted into oblivion leaving us to wonder what happened to them.

Go to the member list, look for those with high post counts that also have "no recent activity" and check to see when they were last here. It's a good way for folks to bring back to mind those that used to be here.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Tomahawk.
    Melanie Haine.... ( I know and its a sad story)
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    I can think of one that hasn't been around for a little while. Should I say his name three times?

If you do you will probably end up like your user name.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I was going to ask where TheTruth disappeared to, but I see he is back. Welcome back!
    There are a couple of folks I've met at the local Saturday breakfasts that I have not heard from in a while. Mike and Mica - whom I met at a Shoney's breakfast.
    A guy from Tidewater who is/was a paramedic that my wife and I met at a RCD breakfast two years ago. I don't remember his name but I think he may still be on the forums, just not sure.

27082-Citizen, gone again? Three days now, Last Activity 03-24-2015 11:53 PM . Provoked?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-27-2015 at 04:30 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.