• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is.........?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This thread is for remembering and maybe locating long missing OC friends/posters/members. Some sadly will prove to no longer be of this earth, but their memory lingers as they had an impact on us.

TrueBrit - the consummate gentleman, wonderful insight - passed 2008.

MSC 45ACP - Mike, the retired Coast Guardsman activist from Yorktown, 2 daughters - disappeared several years ago.

HankT - last heard from him 2013.

Curtiswr - young man was most active in Greater Richmond, had medical problems, poff, gone 2009.

All are invited to ask, answer, or just remember.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you say his name three times he will come back. Applies to qute a few.

Ther are so many posters who came here asking a single question, discussed/debated the collective wisdom, and then drifted into oblivion leaving us to wonder what happened to them.

Go to the member list, look for those with high post counts that also have "no recent activity" and check to see when they were last here. It's a good way for folks to bring back to mind those that used to be here.

stay safe.

FBrinson

I was going to ask where TheTruth disappeared to, but I see he is back. Welcome back!
There are a couple of folks I've met at the local Saturday breakfasts that I have not heard from in a while. Mike and Mica - whom I met at a Shoney's breakfast.
A guy from Tidewater who is/was a paramedic that my wife and I met at a RCD breakfast two years ago. I don't remember his name but I think he may still be on the forums, just not sure.