• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Reading form Glock forum on constitutional and open carry

WalkingWolf

The admin at Glock forum is very very anti OC, and very much aligned with the P4P scheme, but I was shocked that the thread got locked and others and myself were accused of throwing insults. The OP starts out by saying he is not stirring the pot, but it does not take him very long to parrot anti gun code words, such as "Wild West".

Have fun reading if you have the time, another CC only member there has started another thread to whine about the locked thread, again those defending OC are supposedly at fault.

Penny for your thoughts.

http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f13...vs-permitting-give-me-more-information-41125/

solus

good heavens, I waded through the whole thread (shudder) and actually thought WW you were on your best behavior...just wow!! :shocker:

the way the moderator ended it seems like someone complained...did you get a nasty PM for causing a rukus?

ipse

WalkingWolf

good heavens, I waded through the whole thread (shudder) and actually thought WW you were on your best behavior...just wow!! :shocker:

the way the moderator ended it seems like someone complained...did you get a nasty PM for causing a rukus?

ipse

Actually I didn't, they rarely send me PM's even before they suspended me once. And that was over my remarks of how expensive golf clubs by a bad golfer results in a bad golfer.

I tried very hard not to insult, but anything that does not follow the OC hatred, or the pay for play club I guess is considered an insult. OTH he had no problem making the usual comments about the wild west, and not wanting to see people open carrying. That and the mandated training. Fortunately I was not the only one who called him out, which warmed my heart to see the liberty minded members step up.

Last edited:

FBrinson

That guy sounded EXACTLY like some troll that came by here (this forum) last year and asked similar questions. His mannerisms and the way he thanked everyone that responded to his posts have a strong familiarity. Grates my nerves when someone asks for others opinions then wants to claim victim when you share you own opinions.

Last edited:

The Truth

I'm only on page 1, but this is an excellent quote:

walkingwolf said:
It is absolutely ridiculous to expect people to get a permit to be allowed to live without fear.

BlueSquid

You hurt my feelings in that thread, WW. :( I'm a northerner transplant and the only gun control I'm trying to impose down here is having more of them in my possession.

The Truth

OK I read the rest. You seemed to be dealing with a Stage 3 crybaby troll. Stage 3 is unfortunately just before Stage 4, where the person actually becomes aware of their complete ignorance and lack of perspective, yet continues to ignore these facts due to ego and sheer stupidity. If one is intelligent enough, one may move from Stage 3 to non-troll status. I wouldn't hold out much hope for this one though.

That being said, that thread sucked. What a waste of time, haha.

WalkingWolf

You can usually tell a troll when they start out with "I'm not trying to stir the pot".

I don't post to get likes, I post there to bring some OC influence and education. But I do get a lot of likes, which must annoy the status quo. There are a lot of closet OCers and constitutionalists out there, it just takes a little nudging, and leading to get them out of the closet.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I didn't see much of what some might call vindictiveness or incivility on the subject site's thread. No where as much as I have seen on glocktalk.com and even here. It was clear that the OP was not friendly to OC'ing and said as much in one post where he mentioned that he not only didn't care for OC for himself but also didn't like it for others. I side with WalkingWolf on that issue. How someone chooses to carry is their own business and I fully support open and concealed carry.

In fact, for the past three+ months, I have been CC'ing almost exclusively. I did OC for a short period today but nearly always now, I CC. That is my choice and I expect people on this site to support me, though I expect to be denigrated by a few for my decision. I have my reasons which should be respected, as I respect and support others on this site to carry as they wish and see fit.

Last edited:

Wstar425

I'm not trying to stir the pot.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.
I'm trying to view comments with an open mind and possibly learn something. (As long as no one says anything I won't like or disagree with.)
No one is right or wrong.
All of our opinions are valid.
I'm all for 2A, but but but but but but but

Wow, that was doomed from the start. I've seen bigger insults on a knitting forum.

I would call those 6 statements along with about 5 more I'm not gonna type out as somewhat untrue, if not outright lies. Personally, I think he was just looking to get his ego stroked, and when it didn't go that way he came a little unglued. I would have enjoyed reading it if it didn't scare me so much to confirm that people think that way. Not that all opinions aren't right, I suppose.

You can feel free to disagree with any of all of this cause we are all right no matter what kind of foolishness we think, as long as you agree with me! ( insert sarcastic smiley here)

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
Penny for your thoughts.

I thought the entire exchange was rather tame compared to a lot of the back and forth we get here. Those guys are really sensitive over there.

I think you were a little more verbose over there than you are here. :) I feel deprived that I get comparatively so few of your thoughts articulated so thoroughly over here.

Final thought:

OCDO is dedicated to OC. The regulars and mods will commonly remind those that make CC specific posts that such is off topic. Some might even get the impression that some regulars here are opposed to CC.

I personally believe that support for OC does not, should not, mean opposition to CC; And vice versa. And I know the other guy asked for thoughts on the subject. It also appears that the Glock forum is not overtly dedicated to CC.

That all said, those who do support OC to the extent that they might sometimes give the impression they are not huge fans of CC--and yet would never accept that this means they add any "buts" to the RKBA--should be first to appreciate and respect that some who sincerely support the RKBA might also favor CC to the extent they are not fans of OC.

Of course, the moment it moves from a question about just OC vs CC into overtly supporting mandatory training, mandatory permits, etc, rather than constitutional carry, there can be no doubt that someone is not (yet) fully supportive of the RKBA.

Even then, I think we do well to see where we can find areas of agreement and ability to work together rather than highlighting differences. A guy who actively opposes any aspect of my RKBA has be viewed as an opponent. A guy who will actively support some or most of my RKBA while not opposing me on the rest is not an opponent; He is an ally at least part of the time. He may well come along later. But no need to make an opponent where there isn't one.

As my Libertarian friends used to say, "If you're not wanting to ride all the way to Libertopia, climb on the bus and ride as far toward freedom as you want and then climb off. We can fight each other at that point. Let's work together as long as we have a common goal."

Charles

solus

oh piper, you of all members would know verbose up front and personal...

just saying :uhoh:

ipse

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!!

CAVU9

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

icon1.gif

Nope, not a troll. Truth in my opening post. As I said, I am for second amendment rights, but as you can see, I have problems with certain parts of those constitutional rights in their original form. My intent was to gather information that may help persuade me that I can't just chose the parts I like or dislike. Unfortunately, while having good intentions for a discussion, I have been accused of being a troll or mule-ing their agenda.

Thanks to those that provided discussion thought and different points of view without reverting to name calling. That I did appreciate as it did open my eyes a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1245a defender writes.........................................

The bolded above from the OP shows his misdirection!

He knows he cannot just pick and choose the bits of the Constitution that he
likes or dislikes,,, But, he needs to be convinced,,, somehow...

In the face of extensive posts showing that he really should not pick and choose,,,
he refuses to acknowledge that simple fact!

rushcreek2

Our U.S.Constitution provides for the enumeration and protection of certain rights in large part because basic human nature is predisposed towards the expectation that others should in all cases....agree with.....and conform to MY viewpoint.