• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I got blocked from the MCRGO Facebook page for speaking out about this dumb law

Slave

I don't even know what to say. I can't understand why anyone who claims to support the Second Amendment would get behind that law. I guess calling them anti 2A was too much for them.....

WalkingWolf

I don't even know what to say. I can't understand why anyone who claims to support the Second Amendment would get behind that law. I guess calling them anti 2A was too much for them.....

Got a cite on the law? I am assuming it is the law proposed by state senator Mike Green, which would ban OC in GFSZ. Not surprising, many of these groups have allegiance only to P4P.

Michigander

Here is what I wrote on facebook.

I was banned earlier from posting on mcrgo for pointing out the fact that mike green, a mcrgo board member, is a statist tyrant pushing for the threat of violence against peaceful people who history has shown to be harmless. This is precisely the sort of reason why the epilogue is in the oc handbook.

Banning people for stating uncomfortable truths about pushing for statist violence against peaceful people is literally a move from the moms demand action playbook.

This comes as little surprise from an organization with a history of being in bed with Negotiate Rights Away. For that matter both do have a history of turning grassroots activism into a statist monster pyramid scheme.

I had such high hopes tha mcrgo had bettered itself. But no.

For those of you who value freedom rather than licking the boots of tyrants and begging for their permission, please get ready for a call and email campaign to stop this upcoming bill to sell out ocers and freedom itself. Recruit as many pro and anti gun friends and family as you can. Pre written pro and anti gun letters to copy and paste are already standing by. We've got to move hard and fast.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/19/bills-banning-openly-carried-weapons/25053411/

Michigander

Anyone who wants to help fight this, please pm me or stay tuned to michigancarries.org. We're ready to launch a very serious effort but need as much help as we can get.

FreeInAZ

'tis more effective to be proactive than reactive.

You would think? Seeing some of the lunacies deficated out of the Lansing legislative body, I would have to agree. Like your goofy buttocks taser law. MI a few good gun laws & lots & lots of really, really, bad ones. Hope things get better for you guys. Keep fighting the good fight Ladies & Gentlemen of MI.

Last edited:

Raggs

Not sure how this thread is not considered bashing a local gun group but ok. Remember that other groups with Forums and Facebook pages ban. delete and put on super secret probation individuals who are free thinking and might possibly disagree with the collective.

Michigander

Mcrgo, being in bed with the nra and an anti liberty politician and having a decisively statist and collectivist leader, is trying to partially ban open carry and require further licensing for cc. Calling them out on it is fully within the rules.

FreeInAZ

Not sure how this thread is not considered bashing a local gun group but ok. Remember that other groups with Forums and Facebook pages ban. delete and put on super secret probation individuals who are free thinking and might possibly disagree with the collective.

When a "said" "gun group" actively works to restrict or deny open carry rights & this being OPEN CARRY.org I would think a exception might be made, but petition away to have the thread closed if want?

Isn't that the same thing you have railed against in the past at those "other sites"?

Continue...

WalkingWolf

When a "said" "gun group" actively works to restrict or deny open carry rights & this being OPEN CARRY.org I would think a exception might be made, but petition away to have the thread closed if want?

Isn't that the same thing you have railed against in the past at those "other sites"?

Continue...

I have not gone back to read the rule again, I will sometime today. But I believe those words of yours are in the rules. I saw no infraction with this thread.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have reviewed the thread and find there is clearly some opposition to gun rights.

(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

alphamale

Most sites have a problem with smearing people, and name calling. I know I used to run 14 different sites for myself and others and the forums were a daily nightmare of this. I still run for myself and others 12 facegroup books, same problem. I am not attacking you I am going to hopefully help you get better at winning hearts and minds, as opposed to making people ignore or respond to you in a negative manner. We MUST leave emotion out of or debates and those emotionally charged comments that turn people off.

Do you think they way you name called had anything to do with your removal? My best guess is that is exactly what set the admin off. See your quote below.

" pointing out the fact that mike green, a mcrgo board member, is a statist tyrant pushing for the threat of violence against peaceful people who history has shown to be harmless"

1 you call him a statist tyrant
2. he was a board member lol
3. you accused him of "pushing for the threat of violence? Seriously? That alone will turn off 50% or more of people.

Yea I can see you getting banned on about 90% of forums for saying that and I am not counting the statement that he is a board member, which I have no idea if he is or not.
Mom always said you get more with honey that Vinegar. My Uncle said ******* into the wind is no way to take a shower. I think some here might get it..
If someone punches you in the mouth and says they are just trying to pint something out don't expect them to throw their arms around you and give you a hug.
Using common sense and approaching things with a more sane methodology may actually work, as opposed to calling someone a baby killer just because he holds a certain view on gun laws. We have to be smarter than our opposition and not come out looking like a drunk and belligerent Neanderthal to people, otherwise they just won't listen.

Did I leave enough analogies to get the point across. I know this site seems to allow or be slow in addressing such personal attacks, but I think you went way overboard and not only damaged your credibility but the credibility of open carry as well. There are time from a confrontational mentality and times it needs to be held under control, people view this mentality as someone who might use a gun in appropriately if the can't even engage in dialogue without what is viewed by many as "violent speech". We must be mindful about this or we will as some on this site already have, turn public opinion against our own cause. I open carry very often and in Spring Summer and fall when it gets warm I hate the feel of a sweating and having a large gun against my body so I open carry and have yet of the many years doing it had a single problem and I know many who have the same results. yet a small number seem to get lots of negative attention in the very same areas I get NONE! It is all about how one handles themselves in life and ******* on someone and expecting a positive reaction might seem crazy to most.

" pointing out the fact that mike green, a mcrgo board member, is a statist tyrant pushing for the threat of violence against peaceful people who history has shown to be harmless"

I guess maybe 1% might see where I am going with this and others will just attack as if I just slapped their wife on the rear in front of them... The arena of public discourse has no place for emotionally charged rhetoric and trust this I am often called harsh and brutal when I take on someone in a debate, but it is all about what and how you say it. Calling someone irresponsible and give the reasons of said irresponsibility as opposed to a tyrant might actually have people listening...

I was banned earlier from posting on mcrgo for pointing out the fact that mike green, a mcrgo board member, is a statist tyrant pushing for the threat of violence against peaceful people who history has shown to be harmless. This is precisely the sort of reason why the epilogue is in the oc handbook.

Banning people for stating uncomfortable truths about pushing for statist violence against peaceful people is literally a move from the moms demand action playbook.

This comes as little surprise from an organization with a history of being in bed with Negotiate Rights Away. For that matter both do have a history of turning grassroots activism into a statist monster pyramid scheme.

For those of you who value freedom rather than licking the boots of tyrants and begging for their permission, please get ready for a call and email campaign to stop this upcoming bill to sell out ocers and freedom itself. Recruit as many pro and anti gun friends and family as you can. Pre written pro and anti gun letters to copy and paste are already standing by. We've got to move hard and fast.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/19/bills-banning-openly-carried-weapons/25053411/

alphamale

For the record I am for Constitutional carry without limits. if I exist I carry without limits on how or what I carry.

Michigander

What I said is completely and utterly true, and I offer no apologies for it.

I learned 3 years ago why not to ***** foot around the point to avoid offending people. Speak the truth and do your best always.

As the first person in urban Michigan to take part in the modern open carry movement, starting in the fall of 2007, I can assure you very much I am extremely accustomed to being hated on by apologists of big government theft and violence. Pretending they aren't doing damage to avoid hurt feelings in the long run will only make things worse.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I agree with everything you said. By using this tone and out of control rhetoric, this guy is making more enemies than friends. I think a lot of people would decide that Michigander should not be allowed to touch a gun. I'm on the fence about that, myself.

The above sounds like a personal insult, against the rules you are crying about. The head or board member of a lobby group is no different than the POTUS. A public figure and no expectation of being treated with kid gloves.

AFAIK Michigander is not a public official, lobbyist, politician, or celebrity. If you have a problem with his words, then question his words, don't come off as a hoplophobe saying who should and should not have a gun.

ON THIS SITE, you really should know better.

Michigander

I'm not the one proposing to threaten violence against peaceful people for currently legal acts. If you think I'm wrong you literally think rights come from the government. Ignoring the point to metaphorically shoot the messenger doesn't make me any less right.

That Sam Adams quote summarizes the situation nicely.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I agree with everything you said. By using this tone and out of control rhetoric, this guy is making more enemies than friends. I think a lot of people would decide that Michigander should not be allowed to touch a gun. I'm on the fence about that, myself.

I think the above is saying exactly that, it would be like me saying a lot of people might consider YOU rude for the bold print all the time(shouting). But I am on the fence about that...:uhoh:

BTW I have heard the excuses but you manage to read my posts just fine.

Last edited:

Wstar425

I see no reason, and have no issues with Michiganer touching a gun, nor even owning one for that matter.

I didn't read the rules but I did read the article linked in his post. I'm not sure if he is one of the people quoted in that article or not.

I'm not on the fence at all about the bold print to make the statement. Way over the top.

Wife is a school district administrator so following this with some interest.

Michigander

Yes, you are right. He said it "nicely". There was nothing "nice" about your post. You posted to voice your frustrations over getting banned from MCRGO, but in fact, all you have done is bring attention to the type of behavior that got you banned. I don't have a dog in this fight. Proceed as you see fit, but I don't think you will get what you want with this approach.

There is nothing nice about statism. I make a lifestyle of confronting and challenging it. If you have a better way to educate people about the truth than to tell the truth, I'd love to hear all about it.

For now, up is not down, white is not red, cars are not trucks, and pro gun orgs don't back statist tyrants.