• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I got blocked from the MCRGO Facebook page for speaking out about this dumb law

FreeInAZ

My "Troll" senses are on fire! Look people - agree or disagree with Michigander, it's your right to express yourself any way you want (within forum rules), just remember he has the very same rights.
:cool:

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

On another topic - why is this new proposed law needed again? What are the wins & losses that come with it? Seriously - let's have a civil review of our positions, shall we?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen! If you please, use your energies to fight those that would oppose the RKBA.

I have seen no insult, but reference only to those who "might say" - not an invalid observation.

Michigander

Gentlemen! If you please, use your energies to fight those that would oppose the RKBA.

I have seen no insult, but reference only to those who "might say" - not an invalid observation.

After all the years of people like us being hated on, it sure doesn't mean much huh?

Anyway I do agree with you about doing things for pro gun and pro freedom efforts instead of bickering. A great place to start is directly contacting Mike Green to tell him his gun banning plan is unacceptable.

(517) 373-1777

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/ima_form.asp?name=COMMENT31&form_path=E:/webforms/rep

Michigander

This seems like an appropriate place also to discuss Steve Dulan's comments from the radio show.

First off, Steve is a well intentioned good guy and he has a long history as an ally. I don't wish to detract from that. Nonetheless, he said based on talking to Mike Green, probably other board members and I would suspect Brady Shickenger that a number of people are making fools of themselves over this issue.

That warrants mentioning the fact before this whole thing became a strategy announced to the press, I contacted Brady privately with a link to the epilogue of my book, and asked that he take the time to read it so that if they chose to move forward in spite of repeated hard lessons from their past and ours, at least they'd understand why they'd be facing stiff and relentless opposition from a broad spectrum of many of Michigan's most active gun and freedom activists.

He first chose to ignore my warning, then they chose to start banning people, essentially proving my point for me Again, I wrote the epilogue for precisely the purpose of avoiding these things, and anyone who is interested in long term success of gun groups should read it.

There are very good reasons why a lot of us are furious over this, and my message to the mcrgo board is the same as it is to others who don't like it; your willfully ignorant or manipulative opposition doesn't make you any less wrong.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I took note of where Steve Dulan (also the NRA legal guy in MI, IIRC) pointed out what small segment of those who carry, OCers are. So basically I took that to mean, the few can suffer for the greater good, more or less. I don't think the players here have Ill will necessarily towards OC, but some will benefit from the $$$$$$$ the extra training will generate, for certain.

Last edited:

DanM

I listened to the At Odds radio segment. I didn't hear discussion of, if such a bill outlawing OC in schools during school operation goes through, issues like protecting a voter's right to open carry while voting will be upheld, if a school happens to be used as a polling place.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I listened to the At Odds radio segment. I didn't hear discussion of, if such a bill outlawing OC in schools during school operation goes through, issues like protecting a voter's right to open carry while voting will be upheld, if a school happens to be used as a polling place.

Excellent point Dan. We can only wait & see. Another thing to consider is: now that RINO RICK has lined his pockets with Doomberg $$$$$$$$$$, all bills that hit his desk that advance the 2A are certain to be vetoed by him. :eek:

Michigander

It was to the best of my knowledge current at the beginning of the year, and I plan to keep it updated. So please do let me know if you find anything out of date, I'll eagerly edit it.