• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abbott's comments on open carry and constitutional carry

stealthyeliminator

Speaking on the issue of licensed open carry vs. constitutional carry, "The sun has not set on it yet," said Abbott.

"What they need to do is reach the maximum protection of the second amendment right for people to carry a weapon."

Last edited:

jsimmons

I'm happy to see that the governor would sign a constitutional carry bill, but I'm not confident that SB17 will be amended to that extent. There's not even a rumor of that happening.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
I'm happy to see that the governor would sign a constitutional carry bill, but I'm not confident that SB17 will be amended to that extent. There's not even a rumor of that happening.

I'd say the chances of getting a constitutional carry amendment on SB17 are 0.0. I also hate to say, but at this stage I feel that the reality is that even if it was approved, amending SB17 to allow constitutional carry would stall/kill the bill and most likely result in no version of open carry passing this session.