• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A in the following environment

utbagpiper

Banned
I'm not sure if no gun signs have the force of law here in WA but even if they don't, it doesnt matter whether I OC or CC, I'd still get thrown out for carrying.

If signs do not carry force of law then you can carry without violating any laws. That means that legal CC could be an option and then question becomes, how do you get thrown out for CCing, if you really conceal? What they don't know, they don't know.

Of course, I fully understand the decision not to carry even when legal to do so if the risk of discovery and the consequences of violating a private policy are severe enough. Loss of job is a pretty severe consequence for most of us.

I suspect a lot of us have chosen to abide a private employment policy to avoid job loss even if violation of policy would not be a violation of law.

I would say carrying will almost always make a person safer or give an added means of defending myself. Kinda why anyone with an ounce of sense should carry. Plus we all know it's a right under threat in almost all states

Sure. I was really wondering whether your situation at the shelter was similar to one of the extreme cases like a prison guard, or someone working in a state mental hospital, where the chances to be overpowered by massive numbers and having the gun taken away outweigh the benefits of having the gun on your person.

Charles

rightwinglibertarian

1. what are your fears while at this shelter where you feel YOU need to have a firearm while doing volunteer work at this shelter?
2. '...always makes a person safer...' against what?
3. "...give an added means of defending myself.' against what? do you already have something readily available and handy?

i'm not sure that matters. The point is the carrying of firearms should be the norm in society and I want to do my bit to fight for a right thats being attacked daily