Thread: Habaneros Lees Summit MO NOT 2A Friendly

Habaneros Lees Summit MO NOT 2A Friendly

OK the wife and I went to Lees Summit Mo to eat some dinner at a Mexican place Habaneros off 291 North and 50 hiway. As always I was OC'in my Glock. As always I checked and looked for NO FireArms signs as I always do even though I had frequented this food establishment at least 6 to 8 times previously over the last 2 years and had never seen a NO FireArms Sign.

We were seated and brought chips and the water we asked for then we placed our order and continued our conversation. The food was brought to our table. As I took the first bite of my taco the assistant manager came to our table and told me they had a no firearms policy in the restaurant and I would have to either take my firearm to my vehicle and or leave. Then I told him I did not see a sign posted outside or I would never have bothered to enter his anti 2A establishment. He said yes there are signs out front and out back and I asked him to show them to me. We could not find one anywhere. I told him I could not leave my firearm in my vehicle unattended even if I wanted to which I never do. So we went back in I got the wife they were going to box up the food and I let them know I was not going to pay for food I had not eaten and I did not want it to go as it would be cold greasy and nasty before I got home to eat as we had other errands to run. To the young assistant managers credit he was very polite and courteous to us and even apologized for having to put us through the hassle but it was his managers call who was not on the premises.
    I did leave my name and number and the female manager did call me. I informed her about no signage and that's why I was carrying and all the previous times I had carried in there. But it was her right as a business owner manager to not allow firearms but that it is my right not to spend my hard earned money there. She seemed unconcerned with losing my wife and and my neighbor and my father in law his wife and my 2 brother in laws and their family's as patrons. As I know all of these folks have been there with me and are definitely pro 2A and will not go there ever again. Any way just FYI if you are in Lees Summit and want mexican food please skip this place!

1008 SE Blue Pkwy
    Lees Summit, Missouri
    (816) 554-1008
    http://eatathabaneros.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/HabanerosLS

never much cared for the place when friends used to take me there 15 years ago... now I continue having a good reason not to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadez View Post
    OK the wife and I went to Lees Summit Mo to eat some dinner at a Mexican place Habaneros off 291 North and 50 hiway. As always I was OC'in my Glock. As always I checked and looked for NO FireArms signs as I always do even though I had frequented this food establishment at least 6 to 8 times previously over the last 2 years and had never seen a NO FireArms Sign.

... Any way just FYI if you are in Lees Summit and want mexican food please skip this place!

1008 SE Blue Pkwy
    Lees Summit, Missouri
    (816) 554-1008
    http://eatathabaneros.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/HabanerosLS
    Please post this on as many "places" as possible, for the widest local audience. Being on the "southern" side of the state it goes without saying that I will not be visiting that business.

Thanks for the heads up, if I happen to be on the "left side" of the state I'll be sure to avoid that business.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Please post this on as many "places" as possible, for the widest local audience. Being on the "southern" side of the state it goes without saying that I will not be visiting that business.

Thanks for the heads up, if I happen to be on the "left side" of the state I'll be sure to avoid that business.
    My friend who has lived here all his life posted it to his Facebook page so it is getting out. He is very pro and oc's himself as do alot of his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadez View Post
    My friend who has lived here all his life posted it to his Facebook page so it is getting out. He is very pro and oc's himself as do alot of his friends.
    Well done and keep up the good works.

+1 to you Sir.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate

They have changed the polocies

Richard-
    After reviewing our older policy with the owners, we feel that our decision to not allow firearms in our restaurant should be reversed. We invite you to come dine in anytime!
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Richard-
    After reviewing our older policy with the owners, we feel that our decision to not allow firearms in our restaurant should be reversed. We invite you to come dine in anytime!
    Fantastic news!
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Richard-
    I got the same response to my comment on their facebook page. I deleted my old comment and posted a new one:

I applaud Habenero's decision to change their policies and become second amendment friendly. The forums have been notified as have my friends, family , etc. I look forward to eating there again.

Good stuff! And thanks for spreading the good news with the same alacrity as the bad!

Richard-
    LMTD I do not have a FaceBook account I could not find the reply is there a full version who spoke with the owners as the lady Manager i spoke was quite opposed to firearms. I really appreciate the help you have given to this. PM me or post the reply please! Thanks RenZ

Edit Follow up
    Called before dinner to do a double check the lady manager still did not catch her name verfified they are more than happy to have OC'ers in their establishment. That is some magic keyboard you have LMTD! Fire Arms and Mexican Fo0d for me tomorrow night!
    Last edited by Renegadez; 04-03-2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Follow up

Amazing turnaround, good job!!!

If they truly stay 2A friendly, I may make it a point to try it again, as I said I've not been there in probably 15 years...

Well I am going to find out tomorrow night when I stop there for dinner on the way home!

I went to eat there Friday Night. I checked with the lady manager before I was seated and she did confirm they had a change in fire arms policy back to the original policy of ALLOWING Openly Carried firearms she did not seem to happy about which is fine. I had a good meal with the Wife and Grand Baby.

+1 Good job getting this reviewed and reversed.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    +1 Good job getting this reviewed and reversed.
    Thank You but I think most of the credit goes to LMTD for his work on this... it was a team effort!