Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Lake Ozark Police Chief

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219

    Lake Ozark Police Chief

    Lake Ozark not playing nice again. Lake Ozark Police Chief and I have talked three times on the phone since November> My original question was "What training are you providing to your officers now that Amendment 5 has become the law of the land."
    At first the Chief was very cooperative and said he wanted to talk to the City Attorney before he made his policy public. So I called once in January and then again in February, both times the Chief explained he had not had time to get with the City Attorney and was very friendly.
    I called again the first week of March and left a message, but this time I did not hear back from the Chief. So the second week of March, I called again and left a another message. Again no response, so the third week, I left a message that I am sure let the Chief I was not happy with his lack of response to my messages.
    So it just happens last Monday my wife and I were in Taco Bell for lunch and the Chief and most of his officers were there as well. So I asked the Chief if I could have some of his time, well I soon as I identified myself as Bob Yelkin, the Chief immediately got "in my face" and proceeded to let me know that no one leaves him a message like mine and I will not be receiving a call back. I let him know that he was a public servant and that he will indeed tell me what I want to know. We both went our separate ways, by the way I was open carrying my 1911.

    I post this with the hopes of achieving Constitutional Carry for Missouri. I have posted this on a forum on Facebook and someone mentioned this group. I have not posted here for quite sometime.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    No one leaves him a message like yours? Hmmmm. I think he needs, besides anything else, a lesson in the First Amendment. (I've looked. No where, anywhere, does the Bill of Rights require rights be exercised politely.*)

    Of course, he was dodging you all along. Shame on him. It shows his real attitude towards "the people."



    *The one exception to politeness would be the First Amendment right to petition government for redress of grievances. By definition, a petition is polite, respectful.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    ... So I asked the Chief if I could have some of his time, well I soon as I identified myself as Bob Yelkin, the Chief immediately got "in my face" and proceeded to let me know that no one leaves him a message like mine and I will not be receiving a call back. I let him know that he was a public servant and that he will indeed tell me what I want to know. We both went our separate ways, by the way I was open carrying my 1911.

    I post this with the hopes of achieving Constitutional Carry for Missouri. I have posted this on a forum on Facebook and someone mentioned this group. I have not posted here for quite sometime.
    Got his "response" on tape? I wonder if the city fathers would listen to his response...if so would they then be "disappointed" in the Good Chief's public interactions with the electorate.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    "Got his "response" on tape? I wonder if the city fathers would listen to his response...if so would they then be "disappointed" in the Good Chief's public interactions with the electorate."

    I did get part of it, and he said I posted something on social media about him the second day he was on the job. It isn't going to end here.

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    "Got his "response" on tape? I wonder if the city fathers would listen to his response...if so would they then be "disappointed" in the Good Chief's public interactions with the electorate."

    I did get part of it, and he said I posted something on social media about him the second day he was on the job. It isn't going to end here.
    Well done. Please keep us informed as you deem appropriate.

    +1 to you Sir.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  6. #6
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    why approach this from a he said he responded mentality...

    does the state have a public funds spent on training development provision which allows citizens to see specifically how their tax dollars are being spent? if so do a FOI request asking for all the training materials used by the department to train their officers. do not tell them what you are specifically seeking cuz it gives them an opportunity to 'fix' something.

    to assure you are not picking on lake ozark, unfortunately it appears from your posts you are in fact centering your sights on them for whatever reason only known to you...you send FOIs out to all the nearby communities and across the state.

    once this data is gathered you can approach the highest law enforcement entity in each county asking they enforce the provisions of states statutes as well as approach your elected officials asking for the laws to enforce their statutes.

    btw, why are you picking on the poor chief, in front of his work force, in public, while eating lunch...your timing sucks and lucky you were not summarily dismissed with a curt word of go the h3ll away, i'm busy!

    you status seems to be moving from a citizen with a cause to a citizen with an irrational pursuit who is bothering the chief, in public no less, to the point of stalking them. careful mate, sometimes when you think you have the tail, the snapper can still reach up and bite you...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-30-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by larueman View Post
    --Mod edited quote--
    truly?

    so, scott, what pray tell, do you base this personal biased opinion upon?

    btw, larueman you seem to communicate your thoughts so well with the little asterisks don't ya? yet so little of substance of meaning is communicated from them except showing your level of ... ya know not sure what your trying to say to the group about the subject.

    but now though your actions you have become my MO savant hero and 'shown' me so much. thanks

    ipse
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-30-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Didn't you say in the other social media you were filing FOIA to see what info they had?

    Good move.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Didn't you say in the other social media you were filing FOIA to see what info they had?

    Good move.
    Thanks, I will post any response I receive on the other site.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Thanks, I will post any response I receive on the other site.
    What other site would that be? I would like to keep up with what the anti chief does.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    What other site would that be? I would like to keep up with what the anti chief does.
    Since you are following me here and are interested, I will post here as well.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    My experience with facebook is it is not the place for getting knowledgeable feedback. It is a great place to read biased opinions lacking a bases in sage reality.

    If your council meetings gives time to the public to speak, use that forum to address the problem.

    Example - part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uymrcJSnLx8

    Also part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRR6qLX1kII

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    My experience with facebook is it is not the place for getting knowledgeable feedback. It is a great place to read biased opinions lacking a bases in sage reality.

    If your council meetings gives time to the public to speak, use that forum to address the problem.

    Example - part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uymrcJSnLx8

    Also part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRR6qLX1kII
    I have addressed the Lake Ozark Alderman four times in the last two years addressing issues surrounding their abuse of our 2nd Amendment rights, with little to no improved conditions. Any social internet site is merely a way for one person to tell another person how badly they are addressing any given issue.

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    I have addressed the Lake Ozark Alderman four times in the last two years addressing issues surrounding their abuse of our 2nd Amendment rights, with little to no improved conditions. Any social internet site is merely a way for one person to tell another person how badly they are addressing any given issue.
    it would seem, while not in attendance of any of your encounters w/the chief or the 'alderman' to see how your efforts were presented to these august individuals (one of whom cannot under any circumstances affect the change you seek), coupled with your statement '...little to no improved conditions.' it would seem your tactics might benefit from and need review to affect the change you wish to accomplish.

    but memory serves me this is not the first time this has been discussed on this forum is it? So i am quite confused when you say in our initial post of this iteration of the subject: quote Lake Ozark not playing nice again. unquote. did they ever change the ordinance that was passed last June (http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...cle640420.html) and you are pushing against isolated instances of establishments not allowing firearms or are you still pushing against the original ordinance??

    sorry but as mentioned, but by now you should have come to the conclusion your efforts have failed and need significant review, revamped, but as COL pointed out Facebook isn't the vehicle....

    yes i know this lacks specifics on revamping your cause, but i do not agree w/what i can only presume was an emotionally charged personal attack(s) on those individuals who can't affect the change you wish to invoke in front of their subordinates in a public place...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    As I have said over and over, nothing is going to change, in Lake Ozark or anywhere else in Missouri unless officials are put to the test.

    If you want officials to recognize your privilege (statutory law), that's easy. If you want officials to recognize your RIGHTS (constitutional law), that's more involved.

    Some people want to wait until someone challenges things in the courtroom, other people are willing to challenge things in public.

    You can talk to council/officials until you're blue in the face, and the best you're gonna get is that your privileges will be acknowledged. Bank on it.

  16. #16
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    As I have said over and over, nothing is going to change, in Lake Ozark or anywhere else in Missouri unless officials are put to the test.
    If you want officials to recognize your privilege (statutory law), that's easy. If you want officials to recognize your RIGHTS (constitutional law), that's more involved.
    Some people want to wait until someone challenges things in the courtroom, other people are willing to challenge things in public.
    You can talk to council/officials until you're blue in the face, and the best you're gonna get is that your privileges will be acknowledged. Bank on it.
    walk w/flyers? when

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Solus, I am sure you have again told me that I am a moron and my brutal attack upon a public offiical was deplorable, but fortunately I cannot read them. If for some reason that is not the case I apologize.

  18. #18
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Solus, I am sure you have again told me that I am a moron and my brutal attack upon a public offiical was deplorable, but fortunately I cannot read them. If for some reason that is not the case I apologize.
    and i am sooo truly disappointed i missed any and all conversations between the poster and the chief of police, aldermen, etc., and this individual poster wonders why, oh why, no forward progress has been made on firearm carry in LO.

    BB62, almost positive i have discerned the root cause of the problem!!

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-02-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ...BB62, almost positive i have discerned the root cause of the problem!!
    I really don't know one way or the other. I can understand the man's frustration with the Chief, and I share his anger at a "public servant" who thinks of things backwards.

    I believe a records request is in the offing, and, handled properly (I know it's well written because I supplied it ), it should provide him the answer to his original question.

    Where things go from there, IF they go from there, will be illuminating.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Ozark, Mo
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I really don't know one way or the other. I can understand the man's frustration with the Chief, and I share his anger at a "public servant" who thinks of things backwards.

    I believe a records request is in the offing, and, handled properly (I know it's well written because I supplied it ), it should provide him the answer to his original question.

    Where things go from there, IF they go from there, will be illuminating.
    Jeffry, I have no idea what the context of the post of solus you are responding to because I refuse to read any posts from the man. You and I do not always agree on everything to make sure Missouri is a Constitutional Carry state before the dust settles, but from what I have seen we both are active in doing something. It is the people like solus that burn my butt because they think they know all and have done little. And solus, if you post a list of things you have done publicly to bring Constitutional Carry to Missouri or anything other State I will be the first to say I am a butt.(P.S. address your post to BB62, otherwise I will not see it)

    Jeffry, I am just a 66 year old guy that believes that all that has happened in my lifetime was not for knot, that there is enough true Americans left that will stand up for the Second Amendment that my 1 year grandson will be able to protect him and his family in a way with less restrictions than I do today.

    By the way, that well written records request is in the hands that govern........

  21. #21
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Jeffry, I have no idea what the context of the post of solus you are responding to because I refuse to read any posts from the man. You and I do not always agree on everything to make sure Missouri is a Constitutional Carry state before the dust settles, but from what I have seen we both are active in doing something. It is the people like solus that burn my butt because they think they know all and have done little. And solus, if you post a list of things you have done publicly to bring Constitutional Carry to Missouri or anything other State I will be the first to say I am a butt.(P.S. address your post to BB62, otherwise I will not see it)

    Jeffry, I am just a 66 year old guy that believes that all that has happened in my lifetime was not for knot, that there is enough true Americans left that will stand up for the Second Amendment that my 1 year grandson will be able to protect him and his family in a way with less restrictions than I do today.

    By the way, that well written records request is in the hands that govern........
    sorry, i will not be a party to your histrionic activities where i pass notes through a third party emissary...
    tis through your own apparent closed minded actions where you have demonstrated the inappropriateness of your emotionally charged actions towards those you feel stifle 'your cause's activities' coupled with your inability to address ppl civilly w/o name calling which could be why you have fail to reach your goal.

    oh truly glad you followed the advice supplied in post 6 as i am curious to see the outcome of the FOIA document BB62 generated for you.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lees Summit
    Posts
    183
    Solus Just a quick question or two

    Do you live in Missouri?

    And can you answer logunowner question?

    It is the people like solus that burn my butt because they think they know all and have done little. And solus, if you post a list of things you have done publicly to bring Constitutional Carry to Missouri or anything other State I will be the first to say I am a butt.(P.S. address your post to BB62, otherwise I will not see it)

    I am curious are you an active OC'er in the area where you reside?

  23. #23
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadez View Post
    Solus Just a quick question or two

    Do you live in Missouri?

    And can you answer logunowner question?

    It is the people like solus that burn my butt because they think they know all and have done little. And solus, if you post a list of things you have done publicly to bring Constitutional Carry to Missouri or anything other State I will be the first to say I am a butt.(P.S. address your post to BB62, otherwise I will not see it)

    I am curious are you an active OC'er in the area where you reside?
    sorry, i will not be a party to your histrionic activities where i pass notes through a third party emissary...

    and be careful with those stones you are throwing in your glass house as your contributions to the MO cause can easily be checked and weighed and might be found wanting...it is a public forum after all!!

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-03-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Dictionary: histrionic, adjective, his·tri·on·ic \ˌhis-trē-ˈä-nik\

    : too emotional or dramatic

    Full Definition of HISTRIONIC
    1: deliberately affected : theatrical
    2: of or relating to actors, acting, or the theater
    To be sure everybody is on the same page.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  25. #25
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    To be sure everybody is on the same page.
    Forgive my oversight, but of course you are right OC4MC: histrionic characteristics may include:
    Failure to see their own personal situation realistically, instead dramatizing and exaggerating their difficulties
    Exhibitionist behavior
    Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
    Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
    Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
    Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
    Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
    A need to be the center of attention
    Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
    Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
    Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
    Making rash decisions
    Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
    Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
    Being overly dramatic and emotional

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •