• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TN State Stops sending CCW Permits

Kraccus

I was just informed today that the State of TN. will not be sending CCW permits to owners who have been issued CCW's. They state the company that prints them has had issue for over a week now. Mine was issued 2 weeks ago but never mailed. Befor any flame war starts. It used to take 10 min for 1 person to make and print a DL for a person. In TN you can not carry with out your CCW in your possession. I was also informed the State had no idea when they would start sending the Permits out again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO Kraccus.

Moved this to the Tennessee sub-forum as the issue is state specific.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A second "Welcome" to OCDO.

Does TN have a specific time limit by which the CCW must be issued or denied?

(Virginia says the Clerk of the Circuit Court (the issuing agent) must give a temporary CHP to those approved but who have not received their CHP by the 45th day. For us it's a copy of the CHP application certified by the Clerk as a temporary permit. Difficult to stuff in your wallet but it does address the issue of meeting the statutory time limit.)

But if the statutory time limit has not been reached it's like being a little kid waiting for their birthday to get the present they went with their parents to pick out.

stay safe.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... In TN you can not carry with out your CCW in your possession...

What's the penalty, assuming the permit is issued and on record?

In some states, it's merely a $25 civil infraction, the same as if you drove to work and didn't have your issued driver's license in your possession. And even then it depends on if the cop got a bad donut that morning.

Kopis

well *&#... i was just about to switch mine over. I call baloney though because my friend did his and got it ten days later (he just got it last week)