Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart gunfight leaves 1 dead, 8 injured

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Walmart gunfight leaves 1 dead, 8 injured

Walmart gunfight leaves 1 dead, 8 injured, 6 others arrested 3/26/15

An altercation at a Cottonwood, Arizona, Walmart Saturday night turned into a gunfight between seven suspects and eight police officers in the parking lot and ended with one fatality, two people being shot and six suspects — including at least one juvenile — behind bars.

http://www.guns.com/2015/03/26/assau...hers-arrested/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-31-2015 at 01:16 PM. Reason: formatting
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sounds like Gypsies(grifters) masquerading as a religious band.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Well, the opening sentence of that "article" leaves a bit to be desired. It says a gun-fight between seven suspects and eight cops. Yet, it sounds more like a gun-fight between maybe a couple family members and police. You can betcha that if all seven family members had guns and were shooting at police, the list of charges wouldn't be just for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

That first sentence in the article places more shooters at the scene than the Clantons and Earps at the OK Corral! Imagine! A fire-fight between fifteen combatants in a WalMart parking lot.

I think there is more to the story.
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-31-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well, the opening sentence of that "article" leaves a bit to be desired. It says a gun-fight between seven suspects and eight cops. Yet, it sounds more like a gun-fight between maybe a couple family members and police. You can betcha that if all seven family members had guns and were shooting at police, the list of charges wouldn't be just for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

That first sentence in the article places more shooters at the scene than the Clantons and Earps at the OK Corral! Imagine! A fire-fight between fifteen combatants in a WalMart parking lot.

Agree...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

I'm sure you are right. What a bizarre story though lol. Even if no guns were involved at all it would be bizarre.
    Even if you were going to live in a van down by the walmart, the women in the men's room and assaulting the employee is just bizarre.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I'm sure you are right. What a bizarre story though lol. Even if no guns were involved at all it would be bizarre.
    Even if you were going to live in a van down by the walmart, the women in the men's room and assaulting the employee is just bizarre.
    I'll agree the report is bizarre. What actually happened might make a lot more sense.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-01-2015 at 02:01 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I'll agree the report is bizarre. What actually happened might make a lot more sense.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/arizona-walma...tained-1855304

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2159116

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...shot/25191099/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Wow, for telling news being their sole purpose, news agencies are pretty bad at it. :shock:

I wouldn't be surprised for it to turn out to be something like WW guessed.
    Advocate freedom please

Head lines are written to grab attention not tell the truth,
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    A family of nine living in an SUV?!? wow.

If it was a Suburban, would that make them suburbanites?
    If it was Gypsies they would have had several vehicles.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    A family of nine living in an SUV?!? wow.

If it was a Suburban, would that make them suburbanites?
    Maybe they were on an excursion, and stopped for a spell?

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Maybe they were on an excursion, and stopped for a spell?
    Would have been better if they were in a Caravan. You know, for visiting the Town & Country?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Knight View Post
    Would have been better if they were in a Caravan. You know, for visiting the Town & Country?
    That would certainly be an Expedition to take on!

That would certainly be an Expedition to take on!
    I just hope they don't Escape! That could lead to a Trek, maybe to Denali, and they'll have to send an Envoy to recover them...

I just hope they don't Escape! That could lead to a Trek, maybe to Denali, and they'll have to send an Envoy to recover them...
    As long as they don't have an Aztek guide them, but they might want a Trooper along.

Based on the articles, I think they'd send an Armada after them.

As long as they don't have an Aztek guide them, but they might want a Trooper along.
    I don't know. If the Navigator knows what they're doing, they might be able to avoid any Patrol that comes their way.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Based on the articles, I think they'd send an Armada after them.

I don't know. If the Navigator knows what they're doing, they might be able to avoid any Patrol that comes their way.
    Oh dear, this whole situation could Escalade quickly.

Founder's Club Member

Awesome Thread Twist! Can It Get Any Worsted?

Oh dear, this whole situation could Escalade quickly.
    Oh, my, yes! Yukon tell its happening when you have to Dodge bullets! That is when Yugo. Don't hang around trying to be a Challenger or act Intrepid.

Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    It wouldn't be so bad if they made the Trek in a Voyager. They might even get back before The Next Generation.

It wouldn't be so bad if they made the Trek in a Voyager. They might even get back before The Next Generation.

Maybe, but they'd have to go to Babylon 5 times just to get the right directions.

Maybe, but they'd have to go to Babylon 5 times just to get the right directions.
    We've crossed the pun streams! If this Enterprise isn't quickly curtailed, we might all end up in Deep Space - Nein, we may even end up Lost In Space, on such a Farscape we can never return!

Founder's Club Member
    Maybe, but they'd have to go to Babylon 5 times just to get the right directions
    We've crossed the pun streams! If this Enterprise isn't quickly curtailed, we might all end up in Deep Space - Nein, we may even end up Lost In Space, on such a Farscape we can never return!

Gotta at least keep one pun anchored in cars, though. That's the Tempo of this thread. I can't Sienna-one being impressed without it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Gotta at least keep one pun anchored in cars, though. That's the Tempo of this thread. I can't Sienna-one being impressed without it.
    I do agree that we must keep this a General Motors pun thread.

I think I'll go hang out with my Sidekick for a few.

Founder's Club Member
    Yep. And then they could go "To Infiniti! And, beyond!"
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    I do agree that we must keep this a General Motors pun thread.

I think I'll go hang out with my Sidekick for a few.

My puns tend to be Mo'par than Insight-ful.

Besides, I can't Sebring-ing GM into it.

Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast