• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart gunfight leaves 1 dead, 8 injured

Last Knight

Maybe, but they'd have to go to Babylon 5 times just to get the right directions.

We've crossed the pun streams! If this Enterprise isn't quickly curtailed, we might all end up in Deep Space - Nein, we may even end up Lost In Space, on such a Farscape we can never return!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Maybe, but they'd have to go to Babylon 5 times just to get the right directions
We've crossed the pun streams! If this Enterprise isn't quickly curtailed, we might all end up in Deep Space - Nein, we may even end up Lost In Space, on such a Farscape we can never return!

:D:D:D

Gotta at least keep one pun anchored in cars, though. That's the Tempo of this thread. I can't Sienna-one being impressed without it. :p:D

Last edited:

b0neZ

:D:D:D

Gotta at least keep one pun anchored in cars, though. That's the Tempo of this thread. I can't Sienna-one being impressed without it. :p:D

I do agree that we must keep this a General Motors pun thread.

I think I'll go hang out with my Sidekick for a few.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I do agree that we must keep this a General Motors pun thread.

I think I'll go hang out with my Sidekick for a few.

:)

My puns tend to be Mo'par than Insight-ful.

Besides, I can't Sebring-ing GM into it.

:p

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

"We don't know who they are at this point," [Police department spokesman] Graves said, according to CBS News, adding: "They are not cooperating." (emphasis Citizen's)

This is one of my pet peeves. And, a sure sign of propaganda. "They are not cooperating."

How many times have you heard a police spokesperson or press release say so-and-so is not cooperating with the investigation?

The proof is in the alternative. The government could say, "Mr. So-and-so is understandably exercising his right against self-incrimination. A fact that listeners should understand does not in any way reflect badly against him."

This sort of thing bugs me no end. I have personally witnessed police using their perceived position as professionals and experts to give a citizens group the idea that their self-serving policies and procedures are proper because, well, they are the experts. Yet, it is too obvious that, having a certain degree of public confidence, they fail to use their position of leadership to promote rights.

It would be a bullet-proof position. A cop spokesperson could tell the press, "No. We will not be party to violating a suspect's rights. End of discussion. Rights were too expensive to obtain. They were paid for in blood. We will not spit on the graves of the brave men and women who sacrificed to obtain and maintain them. Mr. Jones remained silent during our questioning and asked for his lawyer. That is his right and yours. Next question." Nobody, but nobody could argue credibly with that position if taken by a cop.

Too often, we see police spokesmen at the other end of the spectrum saying, "Mr. Jones is not cooperating with our investigation."

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bu-ick
barfaway.gif

Presume there is little relevant to the OP to add?

But everyone is having fun - that counts for something.

Last edited:

b0neZ

"We don't know who they are at this point," [Police department spokesman] Graves said, according to CBS News, adding: "They are not cooperating." (emphasis Citizen's)

This is one of my pet peeves. And, a sure sign of propaganda. "They are not cooperating."

How many times have you heard a police spokesperson or press release say so-and-so is not cooperating with the investigation?

The proof is in the alternative. The government could say, "Mr. So-and-so is understandably exercising his right against self-incrimination. A fact that listeners should understand does not in any way reflect badly against him."

This sort of thing bugs me no end. I have personally witnessed police using their perceived position as professionals and experts to give a citizens group the idea that their self-serving policies and procedures are proper because, well, they are the experts. Yet, it is too obvious that, having a certain degree of public confidence, they fail to use their position of leadership to promote rights.

It would be a bullet-proof position. A cop spokesperson could tell the press, "No. We will not be party to violating a suspect's rights. End of discussion. Rights were too expensive to obtain. They were paid for in blood. We will not spit on the graves of the brave men and women who sacrificed to obtain and maintain them. Mr. Jones remained silent during our questioning and asked for his lawyer. That is his right and yours. Next question." Nobody, but nobody could argue credibly with that position if taken by a cop.

Too often, we see police spokesmen at the other end of the spectrum saying, "Mr. Jones is not cooperating with our investigation."

I completely agree with your assessment; the phrase "They are refusing to cooperate" sours my stomach each time I hear or read it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There can be only one!

(Hey, someone had to go there...)
Yugo there if you must, but some will Nash their teeth at the Comets.

This thread has been a GM and you're an Adventurer though a bit of a Rambler.

Time for everybody's Continental breakfast with the Dynasty.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is a Rabbit or Mustang allowed on a Golf course? Think a Cougar would be, but w/o a bib and Tucker.

Walmart parking lots are the Gran Prix of Bumper Cars - no Eclipse intended but anything beyond Mach I gives me Willys.

We should employ Liberty in selecting our guns. You be the Judge, use your own Formula, but don't be a Road Runner - your options will be Limited.

WalkingWolf

Is a Rabbit or Mustang allowed on a Golf course? Think a Cougar would be, but w/o a bib and Tucker.

Walmart parking lots are the Gran Prix of Bumper Cars - no Eclipse intended but anything beyond Mach I gives me Willys.

We should employ Liberty in selecting our guns. You be the Judge, use your own Formula, but don't be a Road Runner - your options will be Limited.

I have seen a bobcat on a golf course.

b0neZ

You've never been Mach II? It's nothing, really. A Laser is much faster.

^^^Agree with the above, however one should not be a Minnie Winnie and follow the crowd, but they would be advised to Ford the vast trove of data for whatever they choose prior to purchase.

(EDIT: Hey, it was the best I could do before my first cup of coffee this morning!)

Last edited:

HPmatt

They did have a 2nd car not mentioned because it was a NoVa. They did try to run for it - but the cops kept Pacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Focus on being a Diplomat Mini in this end of the Galaxy would say.

It is Special when OCing on your front Porsche to not drink until you are Stude.