Thread: HB 2164 - 2015 - 16 anti 594

north mason county, Washington, USA

HB 2164 - 2015 - 16 anti 594

Why is nobody talking about this?
    Do you think it is a good bill?

Recognizing the constitutional right to bear arms and revising background check requirements for firearms transfers only between and among persons who are not otherwise disqualified from legally possessing a firearm.

It seems to me that at 8 pages long,
    it uses too many words,
    is too complicated,
    accomplishes too little,
    is too focused on too many "special" people.

Read it for yourself,,, then read it 3 more times,,, its too complicated to understand
    unless you Really study it Hard!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Tacoma, Washington, USA
    All of what you say is true... BUT it does look like at least a step in the right direction. No harm at all in passing this, and I think the reason reps like Muri and Wilcox signed on to this is that at least it makes things better than what they are now, while still having some chance of actually passing.

The bill is far short of what I would like to ideally see... but the chance of my ideal bill (which consists mostly of striking out more than half of the existing RCW's regarding firearms) has a less-than-zero chance of passing any time soon.

And yes, it does focus too much on "special people", but note that "special people" include both CPL holders, and anyone temporarily loaning a firearm where the lender is continuously present during the time of the loan. And it ALSO defines "transfer" for the purpose of the law to be "permanent transfer".
    Last edited by kparker; 04-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Stanwood, Washington, USA
    All that and it would still be illegal (as it is now) for WalMart and other sporting goods/marine supply stores to sell 12 Gauge Flare Guns off the shelf without a background check. Of course nobody will enforce that because it would expose how stupid the law is.