• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthly meet ups to no longer be posted for ocdo

SharpShootur

To ALL my Las Vegas, NV OCers here on OCDO:

I wish to thank all of you for your support of a series of monthly events that I have assisted in and/or conducted the planning of for well over a year. Yes, I know, it's hard to believe that I've been doing this since November 2013. My first post, which was assisted by 28kfps, back then only drew 3 OCers and his wife. And that was just to meet with me, my first public OC experience, on the Freemont Street Experience.

It has been brought to my attention that my activities here on OCDO is considered spamming:

(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums.

Although I DO NOT consider what I've been doing as spamming (which means that info has to be posted multiple times in more than 2 threads), and technically copy and pasting other people's statements regarding the same topic here on this forum, which is done routinely, would also be considered spamming. I will simply concede to the powers that be and no longer post monthly events here on OCDO.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Sincerely,

SharpShootur

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I think all they are asking is that you only post it ONCE. We see all the threads, so no need to post it twice in two different threads. Same with this announcement here. Perhaps someone didn't make it clear what they were asking you to do. It's not SPAM in the evil sense, just in the "we already saw that" sense. Plus, when the announcement is in two different threads, people don't know in which thread to ask related questions.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
To ALL my Las Vegas, NV OCers here on OCDO:

I wish to thank all of you for your support of a series of monthly events that I have assisted in and/or conducted the planning of for well over a year. Yes, I know, it's hard to believe that I've been doing this since November 2013. My first post, which was assisted by 28kfps, back then only drew 3 OCers and his wife. And that was just to meet with me, my first public OC experience, on the Freemont Street Experience.

It has been brought to my attention that my activities here on OCDO is considered spamming:

(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums.

Although I DO NOT consider what I've been doing as spamming (which means that info has to be posted multiple times in more than 2 threads), and technically copy and pasting other people's statements regarding the same topic here on this forum, which is done routinely, would also be considered spamming. I will simply concede to the powers that be and no longer post monthly events here on OCDO.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Sincerely,

SharpShootur

That's too bad.

We have Virginia open carry gatherings (breakfasts, dinners, etc.) and I'd hate to see discussion of them banned from OCDO.

Hopefully if Vegas events begin again, or notices thereof get posted on another forum (please share a link), we'll stay aware. I make it to Vegas once in a while; would be fun to join in.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is no intention (never has been) of disallowing notices of meet n' greets, picnics, breakfasts, dinners, range days etc.

rickyray9

I have never been on a forum where double posting was allowed, so while we have bookmarked Nevada OCDO forums and visit it every day, the importance of a contributor to our state's cause may go unnoticed to someone who has to moderate for 50 states. It looks like an Atlas of Nevada Open Carry has shrugged. I'm sure he was offended and/or embarrassed to be moderated, even if it was for a violation of the forum rules which Nevada viewers, or anyone who dedicates their OCDO viewing time to a single state, would consider negligible. Clicking "New Posts" or the home button to the left of the navigation shows double posts much more prominently than a state forum with the double post contained in a subforum. Nevada OCDO forum contributors are bound by paramount rules which extend to the whole forum. Do we have other channels of communication? Of course we do, and we use them! Is OCDO still the best forum to go to for aggregated information on open carrying across the country? In my opinion, yes, and I'll prescribe to the rules to be able to use it and contribute to it.
Let's all use this as a stress-test and learning experience, and let's hope SharpShootur returns!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have never been on a forum where double posting was allowed, so while we have bookmarked Nevada OCDO forums and visit it every day, the importance of a contributor to our state's cause may go unnoticed to someone who has to moderate for 50 states. It looks like an Atlas of Nevada Open Carry has shrugged. I'm sure he was offended and/or embarrassed to be moderated, even if it was for a violation of the forum rules which Nevada viewers, or anyone who dedicates their OCDO viewing time to a single state, would consider negligible.

Clicking "New Posts" or the home button to the left of the navigation shows double posts much more prominently than a state forum with the double post contained in a subforum. Nevada OCDO forum contributors are bound by paramount rules which extend to the whole forum. Do we have other channels of communication? Of course we do, and we use them! Is OCDO still the best forum to go to for aggregated information on open carrying across the country? In my opinion, yes, and I'll prescribe to the rules to be able to use it and contribute to it.
Let's all use this as a stress-test and learning experience, and let's hope SharpShootur returns!
+1

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Rimfire leage?

Would anyone be interested in starting a Open Carry style team to compete later on in the year? It is held at the CCSC which I understand is a no go for some, however I think we have some shooters among us, and it could help dispel some of the "reckless, show off" type myth that has been created by others in the gun world to diminish our open Carry Tendency's. The team I am currently on, takes things pretty seriously. I would like to have fun first, and win second. I am a fairly consistent shooter running stock non competition equipment. shooting 290's in pistol, and 315's in rifle. (pre-handicap)

You do not have to be a x military sniper to do well, The league utilizes a handicap system that elevates your score based on your average to date. the ammo is .22lr which is slowly coming back and is for sale at the CCSC for about $.10 a round. Iron sights only, no scopes etc. Here is the format.

Pistol
  • 10 shots at a 3/4" Bullsye at 10 yds.
  • 10 shots at a 3/4" Bullseye at 15 yds.
  • 10 shots at a 1.5" X 2.25" oval Bullseye at 25 yds.

Rifle
  • 10 shots at a 3/4" Bullsye at 15 yds.
  • 10 shots at a 3/4" Bullseye at 25 yds.
  • 10 shots at a 1.5" X 2.25" oval Bullseye at 50 yds.

It is a little "gay" at times, but overall fun, and helps keep your shooting skills up year round. If interested PM Me.

P.S. there is now a scoped event held in conjunction with the league shooting scoped rifle at 100 & 150 yds. it is held right after the rimfire league for those who want to participate.

I realize now that my attempt to start a new thread failed. I certainly wont try to move the post as it may "double up" and violate the rules. My apologies.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, I'm interested, but would need to know the specifics about time commitments. I'll be in town often for work, so can arrange it often, but not every week, but then again, sometimes a job may put me late into the evening, too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, I'm interested, but would need to know the specifics about time commitments. I'll be in town often for work, so can arrange it often, but not every week, but then again, sometimes a job may put me late into the evening, too.

Yes indeed - would be good if someone picked up the slack and posted the event details. Would be a shame to deprive the user/members over a misunderstanding.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

It starts at 6:30 PM (sometimes you shoot at 7:00) every Thursday evening for 8-9 weeks. It goes by quick, and also has a social element, where you may pick up new clients.

Craftymommy

I haven't been on here for a while but I will talk to sharpshootur about posting the events on here again for Las Vegas or if he would like me to. We generally meet the last Saturday of each month though for those that want to plan for it. Though we are doing First Friday in October instead of our typical Saturday meet for this month.

28kfps

Not on Face Book next meet up dinner is.

Some who are not on Face Book have asked for when the next meet up dinner is. Open carry face book meet up dinner originally scheduled for Saturday after Thanksgiving has been rescheduled for Dec 12 Sat. 6PM Town Center Lounge ll 2992 W Cheyenne Ave, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89032 All like minded gun owners welcome. We usually end up with 10 to 20 OCers. Kids welcome.