• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recording abusive border patrol conduct

stealthyeliminator

http://reason.com/blog/2015/04/01/recording-abusive-border-patrol-conduct

Over 300 unlawful roadblock encounters... Can you imagine?

It's amazing - the sheeple fear so greatly the rise of roving armed bands doing this sort of thing that they allow a roving armed band to do this sort of thing. A roving armed band doing this sort of thing is inevitable, they think, so they'll satisfy their anxiety by "having it done to them by choice" rather than not. I think there is a name for that syndrome...

countryclubjoe

We need more Patriots like the gentleman in video #1.. There are many videos on youtube addressing this issue..

One question I have regarding the border patrol bullies, How in God's name do they get hired in the first place? Most sound as if they lack an 8th grade education. They clearly have no understanding of "rights and or the Constitution.. I would wager that most of them would have a difficult time spelling "Constitution"..

Border patrol agents v TSA agents in a test on the constitution... Tied game... 0-0

My .02

CCJ

OC for ME

Following written, and unwritten, directives/policies is the only requirement...as well as a willingness to actually do that kr-appy job in the first place.

stealthyeliminator

Border patrol agents v TSA agents in a test on the constitution... Tied game... 0-0

LMAO.

---
Somewhere in the article or one of the videos, it does address some of the issues such as mass hiring of largely unqualified individuals. According to the article/video, the problems with egregious abuse are well known, even within the government hierarchy; they just, apparently, aren't doing anything about it.

DrakeZ07

A job is a job, and even the poorest, and uneducated of plebs need a job.

Now talk is tough, but an admirable thing to do for those of us on this forum, would be to join their ranks, and try to clean things up from the inside, and out. I know, it's so hard and difficult for us LACs to find jobs amongst the government [partial sarcasm], but there's not much you can do when you're standing on the outside of a large fence, looking in.

I'd rather enjoy the prospect of gaining employment within a LEA in my area, so as to help educate officers and report misconduct, while having an 'insider view' of hte inner machinations, and presenting the facade of being a 'brother-in-blue', but LEAs in my area only hire you if you're related to, or apart of, the local church, or someone in well-connected places.

I know of a Local boy who is apart of a LEA, and an OC advocate, but he is rarely on our boards anymore, of course for him to gain employment took him hard work and an actual seeking of an education, whereas the LEOs in service in many of my state's counties, and indeed in other parts of the Country, get in with little to no educational, or military, background.

We should all try to break the barrier, and prove our loyalty to the cause of the Constitution, and of our rights of being a citizen, and of being an Open Carrier, by trying to work from the inside of the organizations that passively, or actively, seek to bankrupt our moral latitude and our just cause.

stealthyeliminator

Now talk is tough, but an admirable thing to do for those of us on this forum, would be to join their ranks, and try to clean things up from the inside, and out. I know, it's so hard and difficult for us LACs to find jobs amongst the government [partial sarcasm], but there's not much you can do when you're standing on the outside of a large fence, looking in.

I'd rather enjoy the prospect of gaining employment within a LEA in my area, so as to help educate officers and report misconduct, while having an 'insider view' of hte inner machinations, and presenting the facade of being a 'brother-in-blue', but LEAs in my area only hire you if you're related to, or apart of, the local church, or someone in well-connected places.

I have thought about this before and have mixed feelings it. On the one hand, I agree that affecting change from within can be more effective in many cases. However, it'd conflict with my conscience to take a job for which I'd be paid with money sourced from taxation. I've considered that auxiliary police work (or voluntary, unpaid) could be a potential workaround, but, that'd be an enormous commitment and investment, and I wonder if one could really make the same difference as an auxiliary officer.

sudden valley gunner

Joining their ranks? Not likely. When TSA was just standing up and its mission was still fuzzy, I submitted a SF-171 Federal Job Application/Resume as a recently retired 85 percentile and veteran. I was rejected, over qualified for the entry level positions and non-GM management positions.

Not dumb enough for 'em.

OC for ME

We should all try to break the barrier, and prove our loyalty to the cause of the Constitution, and of our rights of being a citizen, and of being an Open Carrier, by trying to work from the inside of the organizations that passively, or actively, seek to bankrupt our moral latitude and our just cause.
Our liberal friend espouses a course of action that no currently active cop would consider.

How about this, cops actually follow the law in every instance and let us all see what happens. We just may discover that cops following the law is a win for all concerned.

DrakeZ07

Our liberal friend espouses a course of action that no currently active cop would consider.

How about this, cops actually follow the law in every instance and let us all see what happens. We just may discover that cops following the law is a win for all concerned.

You should have a chat with KYGlockster, an active police officer, and an ardent open carrier. He's the only person behind a badge that I have the slightest bit of respect for, and I haven't read his name in any papers, or on any news, that would suggest he has been in the same illegal activities that many of his brothers-in-blue seem to go about with.

Courts, and legislatures aren't enough, when it comes to trying to make LEOs and LEAs bend to the will of the people, and we've all seen an officer now and then, who brags about not caring what the law, or a court says. A viable option is to join them, and change them from within. And so far, I haven't seen you, or others who blab on about how cops should follow the law, doing anything about the problem other than blabbing on and on about it, and occasionally talking about having talks and stuff. Talking doesn't change anything. Unless you're prepared to take action, then you're just blowing hot air in a forum of mouth-breathers who rather talk and talk, and blab and blab, than to try to work together to come up with an active, and very real option to changing a stedfast anti-citizen organization.

It works for the LGBT community, when we join anti-gay organizations, and help others join it, then we have a majority say in its business, and guide it to a fair, and free path. Working from the inside-out, is easier than from the outside in.

stealthyeliminator

I was following you, until I hit the word 'majority'... And then, ehh... Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but I don't, or don't want to, believe that a majority is necessary to effect change. But like I said, maybe you didn't mean it that way, and you were only giving an example.

OC for ME

You should have a chat with KYGlockster, an active police officer, and an ardent open carrier....
KYGlockster being a active OCer, while also being a cop, does not equate to he not having violated a citizen's rights at one time or another, even if inadvertently. Does KYGlockster desire to violate a citizen's rights, I do not believe this, the law is complicated.

Has KYGlockster gotten a rotten apple dismissed from his ranks? I don't know, perhaps he has.

There is one member here, being a cop in MA, that has unequivocally stated that he would not intervene if he witnesses a citizen's rights being violated by one of his comrades, he would call a supervisor. He might intervene if that citizen is in danger of being physically harmed, even then there are qualifications for intervention.

I suspect that many cops may not enjoy knowing that there are rotten apples in their organization, yet they will likely do nothing about them. Understandably, they know that rotten apples can do real harm to they and theirs.

KYGlockster is in a business that values its status and exemptions. It is a business that has rotten apples (and those knowingly protecting them) and I have rarely read of a cop doing anything to rid their industry of rotten apples until retaining them is a price too high for their political masters.

You call for the same "solution to the problem" that many of the cops who come here call for, that we (on the outside looking in and complaining) must bear the burden to join their ranks and then we must be the effectors of meaningful and long lasting change, while they are doing almost nothing to effect change now (being on the inside now).

How about you join and effect change...hmmm? I'll continue to work to remove the immunities and privileges, that we "civilians" do not enjoy, from the laws. When every cop understands that their "misunderstandings of the law" will bind them personally responsible/accountable then the rotten apples will be discarded by their employers right quick & in a hurry.

Anyway, thanks for the liberal view of how "we" should fix the issue of rotten apples in LE.