Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Anybody home?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Anybody home?

    Has OC become so commonplace that there is nothing to report? Presume the RKBA is still alive and well.

    When will ND go Constitutional Carry?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    Grapeshot I expect the ND folk are all too fracking busy...uh, too busy fracking...for a conversation with ya!

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Grapeshot I expect the ND folk are all too fracking busy...uh, too busy fracking...for a conversation with ya!
    Perhaps OC is just so normally acceptable that it is not an issue.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    Really couldn't say about OC there. North Dakota is one of five states I haven't visited yet.

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Grape they are probably still trying to stay warm up there...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Dammit!

    I was trying to see if that "Upcoming Defensive Carbine" thread could stay on the front page for an entire year, and spoilsport has to go and kill it with about two weeks left to go.

    I'll be OC'ing all over Grand Forks the first couple of weeks in July.

    I've never had a problem in the years I've done so before, and I don't anticipate any in the future, so it's not likely I'll even comment for an update.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Dammit!

    I was trying to see if that "Upcoming Defensive Carbine" thread could stay on the front page for an entire year, and spoilsport has to go and kill it with about two weeks left to go.

    I'll be OC'ing all over Grand Forks the first couple of weeks in July.

    I've never had a problem in the years I've done so before, and I don't anticipate any in the future, so it's not likely I'll even comment for an update.
    You just bumped it back there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You just bumped it back there.
    Sorry, I should have clarified:

    This thread is now featured on the index (front) page. One would have to post in the "Upcoming Defensive Carbine..." thread to bump it back to the index.

    This would have the effect of changing the latest posting to today....instead of the last post in the entire ND forum from 27 April 2014.

    Small potatoes, anyway. It was simply a tiny, self imposed mind game to scroll down to ND to see if "Upcoming Defensive......" was still featured on the forum index from almost a year ago.

    Now I have to keep an eye on Vermont, but there's quite the opportunity for someone to put the onus on Illinois before next January.

  9. #9
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified:

    This thread is now featured on the index (front) page. One would have to post in the "Upcoming Defensive Carbine..." thread to bump it back to the index.

    This would have the effect of changing the latest posting to today....instead of the last post in the entire ND forum from 27 April 2014.

    Small potatoes, anyway. It was simply a tiny, self imposed mind game to scroll down to ND to see if "Upcoming Defensive......" was still featured on the forum index from almost a year ago.

    Now I have to keep an eye on Vermont, but there's quite the opportunity for someone to put the onus on Illinois before next January.
    Your favorite North Dakota thread is still there,,, still with No replies,
    But it was moved into "North Dakota TRAINING!"
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 04-16-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Hawaii needs the help, has milder winters, and the scenery is great......plus you could wear one of those neat shirts while not OCing.

    Have fun.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hawaii needs the help, has milder winters, and the scenery is great......plus you could wear one of those neat shirts while not OCing.

    Have fun.
    I noticed Oklahoma is coming in on the quiet time as well. Used to be real busy but lately its about to die out.
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

    Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walsh County, North Dakota
    Posts
    26
    Truth be told,

    I don't think I've ever seen someone open carry up here in NoDak. Aside from being out in the country that is.

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Tneedham View Post
    Truth be told,

    I don't think I've ever seen someone open carry up here in NoDak. Aside from being out in the country that is.
    Because it's so cold everybody wears a coat year around covering their firearm.....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walsh County, North Dakota
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Because it's so cold everybody wears a coat year around covering their firearm.....
    That's true. I have carried an AR15 in a small town once. I wasn't doing it to open carry, I just had to drop off my car at Firestone to get some new tires, and figured I would go to the range while I waited. My wife was a few blocks away, so I walked with my AR open. Nobody cared.... actually I did have the local Animal Patrol (a sanctioned police officer in this particular town) stop and ask me about the rifle. As in, "What kind is that?" "Where did you get the camo job?" etc.

    Yes it was cold, yes it was over my coat, Yes it was unloaded. That was the law at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •