Thread: Man not guilty in Michigan open-carry case from Christmas Eve stop

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Man not guilty in Michigan open-carry case from Christmas Eve stop

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...n-carry_g.html
    glad to hear this. i have been wondering whatever happened. when i first read about this case there was a lot of information missing. it never made sense that the officer said "when you were walking the other way i couldn't see it." because then the question became what reason did he have for stopping him in the first place?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Man not guilty in Michigan open-carry case from Christmas Eve stop

Slow night? Donut shop closed on Xmas eve? So basically, it was a fishing expedition, as many stops. Glad he walked away from some very questionable charges.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-27-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Founder's Club Member
    The prosecutor's office didn't pursue the case until after the victim OCer filed a civil suit. That says it all. It was a prosecution intended to derail the civil suit.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Officer "That's the problem with open carry"

This guy clearly knew he was armed, that is why he stopped him, otherwise there was no RAS for the stop. Hopefully the civil case is large enough, with the gun owners of the state voicing the breaking of the law by the officer he will get fired. Absolutely shameful, that officer is not fit to be dog catcher.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

@ WW- sadly the Federal court in MI is very shall we say relaxed, when it comes to judgements & monetary sanctions against Bad PDs & the officers they spawn.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Now if we could get the FBI and the DOJ to do there jobs and file 18 USC 241,242 charges against the officers involved and the prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Officer "That's the problem with open carry"

This guy clearly knew he was armed, that is why he stopped him, otherwise there was no RAS for the stop. Hopefully the civil case is large enough, with the gun owners of the state voicing the breaking of the law by the officer he will get fired. Absolutely shameful, that officer is not fit to be dog catcher.
    Isolated incident...nothing more.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare