Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Brady dies

Sarah Brady dies

Condolences to the family.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...298624071.html

Sarah Kemp Brady, the widow of former White House Press Secretary James Brady, died Friday after battling pneumonia, her family said in a statement. She was 73.
    As part of the self-monotoring feature of OCDO, let me suggest that this is not the time to discuss The Brady Campaign/CSGV or her other gun control activities - other than to recognize she was steadfast in her beliefs.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Condolences to the family...............balance deleted by Moderator

Then, condolences retracted. If one cannot speak freely then I have nothing to say on the matter.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 04-03-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Not the time or place

My condolences to the family.

I don't wish death on anyone. That said, I wonder if it is truly possible to have respect for someone being "steadfast in their beliefs" when such beliefs imperil others* or at the very least seek to deprive them of such a fundamental Right as self-defense?
    Not sure I could get away with saying "I always respected Mao Zedong's unwavering nature in the face of critics, even if his beliefs did cause untold deaths**".

--Balance deleted by Moderator--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-03-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Not the time or place
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    --Quote deleted by Moderator--
    So you want to go down the CSGV/Mommies Demand road? OK by me, but just don't take the rest of us with you.

We can talk about the legacy she leaves behind elsewhere and at another time.

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-03-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ladies and gentlemen, if you please.

Sarah Brady has friends and family to whom we can expect she was endeared.

At the very least we should show some common courtesy and respect.

That she was opposed to our beliefs is not the question of the moment - this is neither the time nor place to air our grievances.

We are generally known for taking the high road. I see no reason to approach this differently.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

What did she do for open carry again?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Centurion
    Condolences to the remaining family. May she rest in peace!

I may not have agreed with her stance but I'll stand up for her right to have that stance and to speak it.

It has to always be Integrity and Principles over Interests ALWAYS!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

From the article: "...her work has saved countless lives."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Facepalm - Bones.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	12466

Disarming law-abiding citizens who could have defended themselves against the bad guys not only forfeited their lives, but it allowed the criminals to live another day and strike again.

Efforts like the Brady Nuts KILL innocent human beings.
    Last edited by since9; 04-04-2015 at 03:50 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I am sorry for her families loss, probably is not their fault she was a very misguided person from tragic circumstances.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I may not have agreed with her stance but I'll stand up for her right to have that stance and to speak it.
    Normally I hold this position. Except many of the things she said were outright lies. Not differences of opinion or political stances, but outright lies. There is no way, NO WAY she didn't know she was telling outright lies.

I refuse to stand up for anyones right to tell lies, especially when those lies are used to intentionally erode the precious freedoms of others.

Hitler was steadfast in his beliefs as well. Just sayin.

I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    Every man is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thy friend's
    Or of thine own were:
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.

Read especially that part that I have bolded and underlined.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Good riddance. Period.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    A part of the main.
    Europe is the less.
    Or of thine own were:
    It tolls for thee.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

One of my favorites by John Donne, often attributed as originally from Ernest Hemmingway.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I prefer Mark Twain's approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I searched for Lucy Coffey and came up empty on OCDO. I thinks it pretty crappy that we want to honor Sarah Brady when a ton of people die every day that deserve so much more honor.

When a true hero dies, it rarely makes mention.
    Who is honoring her?

Just noting that she is no longer with us.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

While I'll never celebrate the death of others, I do believe that there are those miserable excuses for people whom the world is better off without. And on April 3rd the world became a little bit better off.
    Last edited by Huck; 04-05-2015 at 02:45 AM.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbo View Post
    Hitler was steadfast in his beliefs as well. Just sayin.

I got censored for a near identical sentiment

Reason
    Not the time or place

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    RIP Sarah Brady. It makes me ashamed to see such negative posts on here about her after her passing.

She worked with vigor to create a safe world for everyone.
    She had the vision to see a world without violence.
    She had the passion to strive for it.
    God Bless her and her family.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I wonder what the purpose of bringing up her death knowing her position and what she has done against RKBA on an RKBA forum was.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I wonder what the purpose of bringing up her death knowing her position and what she has done against RKBA on an RKBA forum was.

I wondered this as well. Doesn't matter though, does it?

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Let's be "polite" and suggest she was suffering from PTSD because of having to care for her husband.
    Her husband was essentially "dead' from the waist down. I think this was a very frustrated woman.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It's in the same spectrum of reasons the NAACP and the Southern Poverty Center brought up the death of William Pierce and will eventually discuss the death of David Duke.

Bradys' motives were selfish. She did no work on gun control until something happened that affected her. Then she used lies and misinformation to diminish the constitutional rights of everyone.

If I were to post here that I was going on a crusade to destroy your constitutional rights the word "evil" may come to your mind. Would you change your mind about me, if, after working for decades to crush your rights, I croaked? No? Good!

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post

I wondered this as well. Doesn't matter though, does it?
    1 - because she is now dead
    1a - because we now have one less immaterial figurehead to be tossed at us
    1b - because it has been instructive to see how we deal with the passing of an enemy

2 - because it has been instructive to see how the death of an immaterial figurehead was dealt with by her side

Either we are better than them or we are the same as them. (It would be impossible to be worse, wouldn't it?)

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    1 - because she is now dead
    1a - because we now have one less immaterial figurehead to be tossed at us
    1b - because it has been instructive to see how we deal with the passing of an enemy

2 - because it has been instructive to see how the death of an immaterial figurehead was dealt with by her side

Either we are better than them or we are the same as them. (It would be impossible to be worse, wouldn't it?)

stay safe.
    Right on time!

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    A part of the main.
    Europe is the less.
    Or of thine own were:
    It tolls for thee.

I guess it's a good thing it wasn't a man who passed then! Or was it...

But on a serious note, I have zero sympathy for her death. My sympathy is to her family for regardless of what she was they likely still loved her and are likely grieving. But her actual death? Not an ounce of sympathetic care in me.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 04-06-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast