• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Brady dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Condolences to the family.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Sarah-Brady-Dies-at-73-298624071.html

Sarah Kemp Brady, the widow of former White House Press Secretary James Brady, died Friday after battling pneumonia, her family said in a statement. She was 73.

As part of the self-monotoring feature of OCDO, let me suggest that this is not the time to discuss The Brady Campaign/CSGV or her other gun control activities - other than to recognize she was steadfast in her beliefs.

stay safe.

Fallschirjmäger

Condolences to the family...............balance deleted by Moderator

Then, condolences retracted. If one cannot speak freely then I have nothing to say on the matter.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

My condolences to the family.

I don't wish death on anyone. That said, I wonder if it is truly possible to have respect for someone being "steadfast in their beliefs" when such beliefs imperil others* or at the very least seek to deprive them of such a fundamental Right as self-defense?
Not sure I could get away with saying "I always respected Mao Zedong's unwavering nature in the face of critics, even if his beliefs did cause untold deaths**".

--Balance deleted by Moderator--

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
--Quote deleted by Moderator--

So you want to go down the CSGV/Mommies Demand road? OK by me, but just don't take the rest of us with you.

We can talk about the legacy she leaves behind elsewhere and at another time.

stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ladies and gentlemen, if you please.

Sarah Brady has friends and family to whom we can expect she was endeared.

At the very least we should show some common courtesy and respect.

That she was opposed to our beliefs is not the question of the moment - this is neither the time nor place to air our grievances.

We are generally known for taking the high road. I see no reason to approach this differently.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Condolences to the remaining family. May she rest in peace!

I may not have agreed with her stance but I'll stand up for her right to have that stance and to speak it.

It has to always be Integrity and Principles over Interests ALWAYS!

since9

Campaign Veteran
From the article: "...her work has saved countless lives."

Facepalm - Bones.jpg

Disarming law-abiding citizens who could have defended themselves against the bad guys not only forfeited their lives, but it allowed the criminals to live another day and strike again.

Efforts like the Brady Nuts KILL innocent human beings.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I am sorry for her families loss, probably is not their fault she was a very misguided person from tragic circumstances.

pkbites

I may not have agreed with her stance but I'll stand up for her right to have that stance and to speak it.

Normally I hold this position. Except many of the things she said were outright lies. Not differences of opinion or political stances, but outright lies. There is no way, NO WAY she didn't know she was telling outright lies.

I refuse to stand up for anyones right to tell lies, especially when those lies are used to intentionally erode the precious freedoms of others.

SFCRetired

I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Read especially that part that I have bolded and underlined.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Read especially that part that I have bolded and underlined.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

One of my favorites by John Donne, often attributed as originally from Ernest Hemmingway.

HPmatt

I prefer Mark Twain's approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I searched for Lucy Coffey and came up empty on OCDO. I thinks it pretty crappy that we want to honor Sarah Brady when a ton of people die every day that deserve so much more honor.

When a true hero dies, it rarely makes mention.

Who is honoring her?

Just noting that she is no longer with us.

stay safe.

Huck

While I'll never celebrate the death of others, I do believe that there are those miserable excuses for people whom the world is better off without. And on April 3rd the world became a little bit better off.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

RIP Sarah Brady. It makes me ashamed to see such negative posts on here about her after her passing.

She worked with vigor to create a safe world for everyone.
She had the vision to see a world without violence.
She had the passion to strive for it.
God Bless her and her family.
en_0108_andrews.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.