• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Brady dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkbites

Let's be "polite" and suggest she was suffering from PTSD because of having to care for her husband.

Her husband was essentially "dead' from the waist down. I think this was a very frustrated woman.

I wonder what the purpose of bringing up her death knowing her position and what she has done against RKBA on an RKBA forum was.

It's in the same spectrum of reasons the NAACP and the Southern Poverty Center brought up the death of William Pierce and will eventually discuss the death of David Duke.

Bradys' motives were selfish. She did no work on gun control until something happened that affected her. Then she used lies and misinformation to diminish the constitutional rights of everyone.

If I were to post here that I was going on a crusade to destroy your constitutional rights the word "evil" may come to your mind. Would you change your mind about me, if, after working for decades to crush your rights, I croaked? No? Good!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
:confused:

I wondered this as well. Doesn't matter though, does it?

1 - because she is now dead
1a - because we now have one less immaterial figurehead to be tossed at us
1b - because it has been instructive to see how we deal with the passing of an enemy

2 - because it has been instructive to see how the death of an immaterial figurehead was dealt with by her side

Either we are better than them or we are the same as them. (It would be impossible to be worse, wouldn't it?)

stay safe.

The Truth

1 - because she is now dead
1a - because we now have one less immaterial figurehead to be tossed at us
1b - because it has been instructive to see how we deal with the passing of an enemy

2 - because it has been instructive to see how the death of an immaterial figurehead was dealt with by her side

Either we are better than them or we are the same as them. (It would be impossible to be worse, wouldn't it?)

stay safe.

Right on time!

Aknazer

I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Read especially that part that I have bolded and underlined.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

I guess it's a good thing it wasn't a man who passed then! Or was it...

But on a serious note, I have zero sympathy for her death. My sympathy is to her family for regardless of what she was they likely still loved her and are likely grieving. But her actual death? Not an ounce of sympathetic care in me.

Last edited:

Brian D.

Years ago Cincinnati paid Ms. Brady to come to town and speak in favor of an "assault weapons" ordinance the city was going to ram through after a sham of a public hearing at City Hall. After the meeting she was heading back to her hotel and was near the top of a LONG set of steps to the first floor. Some of the police brass had just been arguing about who was going to walk "that b****" (their words) back to the hotel and nobody wanted the assignment. Then they wondered off.

So there I was, with a chance to push an unguarded Ms. Brady down those stairs, which I'm sure would have been fatal. Honestly it left me with mixed feelings afterwards.

In later years at other locales I noticed she always had (presumably) armed bodyguards. Yeah, she wasn't a hypocrite or anything.

Having said all that I hope her death was not one of long suffering, older I get the harder it is to wish that on ANYBODY.

B

Bikenut

It is humane to regret that a fellow human being has passed from this realm...

It is silly to ignore the sigh of relief if that fellow human being was your adversary....

WalkingWolf

I will show Sarah the same respect I gave Ted Kennedy when he passed. I am sorry for the families loss, but that is as far as it goes.

GhostOfJefferson

At what point do we stop compromising our 2A rights in order to remain "better than them"? If the other side wins by lying, cheating and fighting dirty, what's the outcome? The other side still won.

They've "raised a conversation" which as it turns out was to our advantage. I love when totalitarians come into a fight over confident.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by OC for ME

>25 years working to get government to infringe upon our 2A right and the exact opposite has occurred.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GhostOfJefferson

They've "raised a conversation" which as it turns out was to our advantage. I love when totalitarians come into a fight over confident.
Almost sounds as if you consider our 2A rights to be in good condition and not infringed upon by the government.
Do see them as getting better inspite of the best efforts of the antis.

Still not where we could be/should be though.

F350

I sit here thoroughly enjoying my second night, of what will likely be several nightly Glencairns of George T Stagg to this delightful news.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I wonder what the purpose of bringing up her death knowing her position and what she has done against RKBA on an RKBA forum was.

I think that's clear. Since we can no longer ridicule the dead, it's important to remember how effectively they ridiculed themselves.

en_0108_andrews.jpg

Seriously though, there's no reason to celebrate her death. Brady was never dangerous -- her ideas were, and they live on.

Fortunately, those ideas have been losing ground for some time now.

Long live liberty!

Last edited:

Ezek

I would that each of you, before making negative comments about Sarah Brady, read this little poem:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Read especially that part that I have bolded and underlined.

With that said, I do express my most sincere condolences to her family and friends. It is never easy to lose either a family member or a friend.

and yet the founding fathers founded the rights of the INDIVIDUAL as if they all are separate and an island unto themselves, only collaborating with the islands around them as needed to maintain the pursuit of happiness and liberty.

GhostOfJefferson

Almost sounds as if you consider our 2A rights to be in good condition and not infringed upon by the government.

Almost sounds like you just created a straw man argument and knocked it down.

Our rights are still infringed, but we're doing *way* better than we were just thirty years ago. For those with short memories, try to carry, open or concealed, in 1985 in almost any state and you'd have been thrown to the ground and arrested.

To pretend we haven't made great strides seems a bit silly. That said, there's still more work to do. But hey, nothing wrong with acknowledging good trends.

OC for ME

A absolute and unrestricted right is the goal to be sure, but do not subscribe to me a sentiment that I have not once espoused. You are free to search this site to expose me as a liar via my words.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I sit here thoroughly enjoying my second night, of what will likely be several nightly Glencairns of George T Stagg to this delightful news.

<shakes head>

Ugh. Bourbon. Why do people insist on cluttering up perfectly good corn whiskey with other grains? Corn whiskey ought to be clear, and never see the inside of a barrel or other grains. For heavens sakes, if you're gonna make something that is at least 51% corn, just go ahead and use all corn. Its not like corn is scarce or anything.

:D

On the thread topic, I suppose I should extend my sympathies to the family--Sarah Brady worked hard on infringing their rights, too. So, I can sympathize with them on that point.

Last edited:

OC for ME

<shakes head>

Ugh. Bourbon. Why do people insist on cluttering up perfectly good corn whiskey with other grains? Corn whiskey ought to be clear, and never see the inside of a barrel or other grains. For heavens sakes, if you're gonna make something that is at least 51% corn, just go ahead and use all corn. Its not like corn is scarce or anything.

:D

On the thread topic, I suppose I should extend my sympathies to the family--Sarah Brady worked hard on infringing their rights, too. So, I can sympathize with them on that point.
The only reason I drink stump hole is due to the fact that I ran out of good TN bourbon.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Whether to celebrate or morn, who is buying the Henry IV cognac to mark the date of her passing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.