I'll get things started with my first day in Baton Rouge and a lot of open carrying!
I'm living in Baton Rouge through July for work so I will be open carrying just about every opportunity I get.
• Cox Communication - Had to pick up my equipment for new service. The girl helping me did a double take on the firearm, but didn't mention it. Got me in and out within about a minute flat. Probably the most painless experience I've had with an internet provider. I wish I could have said the same for when I had to call them later when it wasn't working on install.
• Petsmart - Staff was very friendly, did not notice/look at/mention my firearm.
• Jimmy Johns - It was well after the lunch rush so I was the only customer at the time. Non-event and they seemed happy to have me in there.
• Target - On this one, I thought I might possibly get some problems from staff given Target's stance on firearms in the past. I was in the store quite a long time getting all the necessary things for a new apartment and never had any issues at all. I passed right by a State Trooper and if she noticed, she didn't act like it.
• Lowe's - Apart from the cashier doing what I can only describe as the "potty dance," there were zero issues here.
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful day of stretching the ole 2A wings! Being a native Texan, we don't quite have that option yet, but hopefully we'll get it soon if this new legislation passes. I have other experience with OC having lived in Colorado.
Do you guys get together and have dinners/lunch/etc?