Thread: Homeland Security Patriot Act ??

Homeland Security Patriot Act ??

morn...does any member know about this 'to strengthen homeland security by establishing the HL unrestricted concealed handgun permit"

i was unaware NC CC'g statutes were considered related to HL security????

is this something only pervasive to NC or is there something creeping regarding HL security patriot acts within other state's legislature?

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2015
    S D
    SENATE DRS45336-LH-19A (12/01)

Short Title: Homeland Security Patriot Act. (Public) Sponsors: Senators Tarte and Rabin (Primary Sponsors).
    Referred to:

1 A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
    2 AN ACT TO STRENGTHEN HOMELAND SECURITY BY ESTABLISHING THE
    3 HOMELAND SECURITY UNRESTRICTED CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT.
    4 The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
    5 SECTION 1. Chapter 14 of the General Statutes is amended by adding a new
    6 Article to read:
    7 "Article 54C.
    8 "Homeland Security Unrestricted Concealed Handgun Permit.

skipped

24 "§ 14-415.43. Training requirements.
    25 (a) No person shall be issued a permit unless the person has successfully completed an
    26 approved advance carry course and a simunition class within 18 months of the date of the
    27 application for the permit.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015/B...PDF/S708v0.pdf

i find it quite discerning since we just ran this horse through the legislature back in '13

i am working on doing a word for word comparison between existing 14-X statutes

thoughts?? how bout implications across the country??

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-07-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Looks like you can carry if you're a politician:

§ 14-269.4. Weapons on certain State property and in courthouses.
    ....(b)(1b) A person who has a homeland security unrestricted concealed handgun
    permit issued pursuant to Article 54B of this Chapter may carry a concealed
    handgun in the State Capitol Building, the Executive Mansion, the Western Residence
    of the Governor, or on the grounds of any of these buildings...

but not in the courthouse
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Don't think the Pols want yokels wandering around their buildings armed. Especially if you 'had a badge'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Founder's Club Member
    Simunitions? Here come the regulations designed to make it harder to meet the standards.

But, of course. The fact there is a law at all tells you government is willing to make it harder. That government then suggests making it progressively more difficult comes as no surprise.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

A case of cart before the horse. There is no defined advanced CC course, and I expect that "simunition" is a clerk/typist that could not decipher "simulation".

I vote NO. Same as for the plan that legislators and staff to be able to carry in the State legislature buildings. If I can't, I don't trust them either.

another profit center for those who provide the training within the state...sigh!

still more concerned about the title of this bill...HL security patriot act...sorry, a fed sponsored in a state governmental environment???

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

All of the massive text tends to make me look the other way.

Please present your argument in prose, not marketing hype.

Thanks.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

Thanks.
    +100
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Not only NO, but ohhhh HELL NO! This bill if passed would infringe on personal property rights. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I suspect a certain organization is behind or wrote this bill to sell more training for special elitist privileges.

Come on my property with a gun, with or without a permit without my permission and become a test case the hard way. I will not tolerate this, even if passed!

A person would also have to submit to a Federal anal probe, a sign off by a shrink(mental health doctor) and I stopped reading after that.

Ohhhh Hell NO!
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-10-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not only NO, but ohhhh HELL NO! This bill if passed would infringe on personal property rights. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I suspect a certain organization is behind or wrote this bill to sell more training for special elitist privileges.

Come on my property with a gun, with or without a permit without my permission and become a test case the hard way. I will not tolerate this, even if passed!

A person would also have to submit to a Federal anal probe, a sign off by a shrink(mental health doctor) and I stopped reading after that.

Ohhhh Hell NO!
    actually WW, it is not or wasn't when i first heard about the bill showing on GRNC's website list...NRA yes, GRNC no! which might be why GRNC hasn't stepped up knowing the background between the two entities.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-10-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    actually WW, it is not or wasn't when i first heard about the bill showing on GRNC's website list...NRA yes, GRNC no! which might be why GRNC hasn't stepped up knowing the background between the two entities.

ipse
    This should be a wake up call to those who doubt the NRA agenda. The bill is full of background checks, medical health checks, excessive training costs, and one of the biggest jokes in the carry community, badges for carry. What the hell do armed citizens need with badges.

Somebody was smoking weed when they wrote this bill.

If they want to write a aux LEO bill with all of this garbage I could understand that~~~ but attaching this as homeland security, and badges. The dummies who submit to this for the few privileges are are going to be in limbo. Just make them a cop without pay, and they pay for their own training and liability insurance.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-10-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

This should be a wake up call to those who doubt the NRA agenda. The bill is full of background checks, medical health checks, excessive training costs, and one of the biggest jokes in the carry community, badges for carry. What the hell do armed citizens need with badges.

Somebody was smoking weed when they wrote this bill.
    rolling and laughing on the wet sandy grasslands of religious eastern NC...

me think smoking would have resulted in a better bill and they outlawed moonshine...hummm, just saying...

searching the cracker jack box for my badge...munch

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Simunition is a non lethal training system.
    http://simunition.com/en/about_us

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

Thanks.
    Gutshot has vision problems which is why he posts with large type. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Gutshot has vision problems which is why he posts with large type. FYI
    And I sent you a PM, you should realize that the window for composition shows the normal size. When the larger text option is used the composer sees "size" in brackets. It is the final product that we see that is made large.

When you use quote to respond to one of his posts, YOU see exactly what he saw when he posted.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

And just to show I am not anti handicapped, I will help out by pointing out that both firefox, and chrome have a menu located on the upper right corner just below the close icon. Anybody who has a problem reading their screen can change the percentage of zoom. On tablets it is simple to expand the screen by using two fingers on most, others by tapping the screen. If it is still a problem, I can make MY font larger so he can see.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

And just to show I am not anti handicapped, I will help out by pointing out that both firefox, and chrome have a menu located on the upper right corner just below the close icon. Anybody who has a problem reading their screen can change the percentage of zoom. On tablets it is simple to expand the screen by using two fingers on most, others by tapping the screen. If it is still a problem, I can make MY font larger so he can see.
    +100

The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.