• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security Patriot Act ??

solus

morn...does any member know about this 'to strengthen homeland security by establishing the HL unrestricted concealed handgun permit"

i was unaware NC CC'g statutes were considered related to HL security????

is this something only pervasive to NC or is there something creeping regarding HL security patriot acts within other state's legislature?

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2015
S D
SENATE DRS45336-LH-19A (12/01)

Short Title: Homeland Security Patriot Act. (Public) Sponsors: Senators Tarte and Rabin (Primary Sponsors).
Referred to:

1 A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
2 AN ACT TO STRENGTHEN HOMELAND SECURITY BY ESTABLISHING THE
3 HOMELAND SECURITY UNRESTRICTED CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT.
4 The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
5 SECTION 1. Chapter 14 of the General Statutes is amended by adding a new
6 Article to read:
7 "Article 54C.
8 "Homeland Security Unrestricted Concealed Handgun Permit.

skipped

24 "§ 14-415.43. Training requirements.
25 (a) No person shall be issued a permit unless the person has successfully completed an
26 approved advance carry course and a simunition class within 18 months of the date of the
27 application for the permit.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015/Bills/Senate/PDF/S708v0.pdf

i find it quite discerning since we just ran this horse through the legislature back in '13

i am working on doing a word for word comparison between existing 14-X statutes

thoughts?? how bout implications across the country??

ipse

Last edited:

HPmatt

Looks like you can carry if you're a politician:

§ 14-269.4. Weapons on certain State property and in courthouses.
....(b)(1b) A person who has a homeland security unrestricted concealed handgun
permit issued pursuant to Article 54B of this Chapter may carry a concealed
handgun in the State Capitol Building, the Executive Mansion, the Western Residence
of the Governor, or on the grounds of any of these buildings...

but not in the courthouse

HPmatt

Don't think the Pols want yokels wandering around their buildings armed. Especially if you 'had a badge'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Simunitions? Here come the regulations designed to make it harder to meet the standards.

But, of course. The fact there is a law at all tells you government is willing to make it harder. That government then suggests making it progressively more difficult comes as no surprise.

bc.cruiser

A case of cart before the horse. There is no defined advanced CC course, and I expect that "simunition" is a clerk/typist that could not decipher "simulation".

I vote NO. Same as for the plan that legislators and staff to be able to carry in the State legislature buildings. If I can't, I don't trust them either.

solus

another profit center for those who provide the training within the state...sigh!

still more concerned about the title of this bill...HL security patriot act...sorry, a fed sponsored in a state governmental environment???

ipse

WalkingWolf

Not only NO, but ohhhh HELL NO! This bill if passed would infringe on personal property rights. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I suspect a certain organization is behind or wrote this bill to sell more training for special elitist privileges.

Come on my property with a gun, with or without a permit without my permission and become a test case the hard way. I will not tolerate this, even if passed!

A person would also have to submit to a Federal anal probe, a sign off by a shrink(mental health doctor) and I stopped reading after that.

Ohhhh Hell NO!

Last edited:

solus

Not only NO, but ohhhh HELL NO! This bill if passed would infringe on personal property rights. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I suspect a certain organization is behind or wrote this bill to sell more training for special elitist privileges.

Come on my property with a gun, with or without a permit without my permission and become a test case the hard way. I will not tolerate this, even if passed!

A person would also have to submit to a Federal anal probe, a sign off by a shrink(mental health doctor) and I stopped reading after that.

Ohhhh Hell NO!

actually WW, it is not or wasn't when i first heard about the bill showing on GRNC's website list...NRA yes, GRNC no! which might be why GRNC hasn't stepped up knowing the background between the two entities.

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

actually WW, it is not or wasn't when i first heard about the bill showing on GRNC's website list...NRA yes, GRNC no! which might be why GRNC hasn't stepped up knowing the background between the two entities.

ipse

This should be a wake up call to those who doubt the NRA agenda. The bill is full of background checks, medical health checks, excessive training costs, and one of the biggest jokes in the carry community, badges for carry. What the hell do armed citizens need with badges.

Somebody was smoking weed when they wrote this bill.

If they want to write a aux LEO bill with all of this garbage I could understand that~~~ but attaching this as homeland security, and badges. The dummies who submit to this for the few privileges are are going to be in limbo. Just make them a cop without pay, and they pay for their own training and liability insurance.

Last edited:

solus

This should be a wake up call to those who doubt the NRA agenda. The bill is full of background checks, medical health checks, excessive training costs, and one of the biggest jokes in the carry community, badges for carry. What the hell do armed citizens need with badges.

Somebody was smoking weed when they wrote this bill.

rolling and laughing on the wet sandy grasslands of religious eastern NC...

me think smoking would have resulted in a better bill and they outlawed moonshine...hummm, just saying...

searching the cracker jack box for my badge...munch

ipse

WalkingWolf

Gutshot has vision problems which is why he posts with large type. FYI

And I sent you a PM, you should realize that the window for composition shows the normal size. When the larger text option is used the composer sees "size" in brackets. It is the final product that we see that is made large.

When you use quote to respond to one of his posts, YOU see exactly what he saw when he posted.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

And just to show I am not anti handicapped, I will help out by pointing out that both firefox, and chrome have a menu located on the upper right corner just below the close icon. Anybody who has a problem reading their screen can change the percentage of zoom. On tablets it is simple to expand the screen by using two fingers on most, others by tapping the screen. If it is still a problem, I can make MY font larger so he can see.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
And just to show I am not anti handicapped, I will help out by pointing out that both firefox, and chrome have a menu located on the upper right corner just below the close icon. Anybody who has a problem reading their screen can change the percentage of zoom. On tablets it is simple to expand the screen by using two fingers on most, others by tapping the screen. If it is still a problem, I can make MY font larger so he can see.

+100

:)