Thread: Don Hume JIT holsters?

Don Hume JIT holsters?

Does anyone here use a Don Hume JIT holster? If so, do you like it or hate it? I was thinking about picking one up for my .357 Rossi. Just wanted to get some feedback before I bought one. Thanks!

The retention discussion is over at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-carry-safely

As for the JIT - I like it for short-barrel revolvers as well as short-barrel pistols mostly because I don't need to worry about the front sight snagging - it is longer than the barrel.* (There is no such thing as a snag-free sight.)

stay safe.

* - All hail the mousegun!
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I have had both a right side and left side JIT for the past 9 years that I bought while in Texas ..for concealed carry. No longer use either.

I am partial to my Don Hume H715M's with the thumb breaks. It's a nice looking leather holster in the black or tan, and works well for optional subtle display ...or concealment with minor adjustments to the "sag" - or lack of it - with my golf/polo shirts.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 04-07-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    "Extremism ALWAYS brings about its own destruction " ( Sir Edmund Burke)

Jim Sherwood

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    with minor adjustments to the "sag" - or lack of it - with my golf/polo shirts.
    If you are experiencing sag you probably need a real gun belt.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Bought one several years ago for my PT145. After a year or less it became very loose, both in holding the firearm in, and migrating away from the body on the top end. This may be due to my expanded midsection. Got to the point where I lost confidence in it.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by BlowMonkey5 View Post
    Does anyone here use a Don Hume JIT holster? If so, do you like it or hate it? I was thinking about picking one up for my .357 Rossi. Just wanted to get some feedback before I bought one. Thanks!
    I have always gotten Daltech Force holsters. They work well for me.