Thread: Goldstrike trail, Boulder City OC

Goldstrike trail, Boulder City OC

Has anyone OC'd at this hiking trail? Trying to find the rules if its a go or no go. So far I have had no problems at the trails in Mt Charleston. Red Rock was a no go.

Red Rock is UNLOADED carry, but open carry is legal there. It's a Natl Conservation Area, run by the BLM. Reports are that they are very polite about enforcement and asking if your firearm is unloaded.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Mac I think he is asking about a trail in boulder city. Mac would know for sure but I think all of BC is good now.

Agreed. But he said that Red Rock was a no go. I'm just specifying that it is an unloaded go.

BC is good to go, but I don't know the jurisdiction of the Goldstrike Trail.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Red Rock is UNLOADED carry, but open carry is legal there. It's a Natl Conservation Area, run by the BLM. Reports are that they are very polite about enforcement and asking if your firearm is unloaded.
    Do they define what "unloaded" means? Is it no round in the chamber and no loaded mag seated in the weapon, or is it no round in the chamber but a loaded mag seated in the weapon is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    Do they define what "unloaded" means? Is it no round in the chamber and no loaded mag seated in the weapon, or is it no round in the chamber but a loaded mag seated in the weapon is ok?
    They do define it. No rounds in the firearm at all. You can have a loaded mag but not in the pistol. Also no carry in the visitor center even unloaded. The PDF of the rules is posted someplace in the forum just do a search for it and it should pop up.

Correct, they use the federal government's definition of "unloaded," not Nevada's, which is just the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    They do define it. No rounds in the firearm at all. You can have a loaded mag but not in the pistol. Also no carry in the visitor center even unloaded. The PDF of the rules is posted someplace in the forum just do a search for it and it should pop up.
    ok, thanks. will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    ... Also no carry in the visitor center even unloaded. ...
    And thank you for this very important point. The visitor center is a federal facility.