• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goldstrike trail, Boulder City OC

Bernymac

Has anyone OC'd at this hiking trail? Trying to find the rules if its a go or no go. So far I have had no problems at the trails in Mt Charleston. Red Rock was a no go.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Red Rock is UNLOADED carry, but open carry is legal there. It's a Natl Conservation Area, run by the BLM. Reports are that they are very polite about enforcement and asking if your firearm is unloaded.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Agreed. But he said that Red Rock was a no go. I'm just specifying that it is an unloaded go.

BC is good to go, but I don't know the jurisdiction of the Goldstrike Trail.

ed2276

Red Rock is UNLOADED carry, but open carry is legal there. It's a Natl Conservation Area, run by the BLM. Reports are that they are very polite about enforcement and asking if your firearm is unloaded.

Do they define what "unloaded" means? Is it no round in the chamber and no loaded mag seated in the weapon, or is it no round in the chamber but a loaded mag seated in the weapon is ok?

Vegassteve

Do they define what "unloaded" means? Is it no round in the chamber and no loaded mag seated in the weapon, or is it no round in the chamber but a loaded mag seated in the weapon is ok?

They do define it. No rounds in the firearm at all. You can have a loaded mag but not in the pistol. Also no carry in the visitor center even unloaded. The PDF of the rules is posted someplace in the forum just do a search for it and it should pop up.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Correct, they use the federal government's definition of "unloaded," not Nevada's, which is just the chamber.

ed2276

They do define it. No rounds in the firearm at all. You can have a loaded mag but not in the pistol. Also no carry in the visitor center even unloaded. The PDF of the rules is posted someplace in the forum just do a search for it and it should pop up.

ok, thanks. will do.