Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Earth impactor asteroid TC4, discovered 2012. Buy ammo now!

Potential Earth impactor asteroid TC4, discovered 2012. Buy ammo now!

Observed from October 4 to October 11 in 2012 by Pan-STARRS, with such a small observation the estimates are about 20 meters diameter and closest approach about 8,000 miles 12 October 2017

http://www.astrowatch.net/2015/04/wi...-earth-in.html

Buy your ammo now, before the rush, and before price gouging.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

20 meters? Pffft. Maybe it will land on Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    20 meters? Pffft. Maybe it will land on Hillary?
    The meteor that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February 2013, injuring 1,500 people and damaging over 7,000 buildings, was about 20 meters wide.

So your earlier "for the scientific minded[sic]" signalled sarcastic irony?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-13-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The meteor that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February 2013, injuring 1,500 people and damaging over 7,000 buildings, was about 20 meters wide.

So your earlier "for the scientific minded[sic]" signalled[sic] sarcastic irony?
    Yes, I'm always thinking about the ironing.

You are definitely going to need those "Penetrator " rounds to stop an asteroid. Regular 5.56 just aint gonna do it.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    You are definitely going to need those "Penetrator " rounds to stop an asteroid. Regular 5.56 just aint gonna do it.
    We'll have to synchronize our shooting to make a Deep Impact.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    You're punning me.

Instead of trying to break up the asteroid, we should get all the gunners on earth to assemble in one spot, and shoot straight up at the same time--the combined recoil will shift Earth ever so slightly out of the way of the asteroid.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    [ ... ] Instead of trying to break up the asteroid, we should get all the gunners on earth to assemble in one spot, and shoot straight up at the same time--the combined recoil will shift Earth ever so slightly out of the way of the asteroid.
    Or directly into its path.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    You're punning me.

Instead of trying to break up the asteroid, we should get all the gunners on earth to assemble in one spot, and shoot straight up at the same time--the combined recoil will shift Earth ever so slightly out of the way of the asteroid.

Or directly into its path.
    Further calculations must be made, but the synchronized shooting may just help us avert Armageddon.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Further calculations must be made, but the synchronized shooting may just help us avert Armageddon.
    And @Nightmare.

Good points, fellas. We'd have to make some careful calculations. But, I thought of something else.

Lets say, our "spot" to shoot from is northwest Africa. Now, when everybody pulls the trigger at the same time, does the recoil squeeze the planet under our feet? And, does that compression cause lava to squirt out of the Hawaiian volcanoes thirty miles high? What a mess that would be.

And, what if we crack a continental plate? Uh-oh. Does that mean lots of new volcanoes sprouting up. Iceland, right on the Mid-Atlantic ridge, is already kinda dicey; what if we split the country right down the middle because of our volley two continents away?

Also, lets say our synchronized volley hopped the planet over thirty feet. That ought to make some pretty impressive sloshing in the earth's oceans.

And, what happens when our bullets don't reach escape velocity and all come crashing down again? Do we get a double-hop for the planet?

And, what happens to the moon when we suddenly push its primary? Is it going to hop over, too? Will it instead take on a different orbit, screwing up tide tables for the next 100 years?

What to do, what to do?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

What to do, what to do?
    http://i.imgur.com/xAOPGyw.gifv

Apply Newton's Laws of Motion. The First is, a body in motion remains in motion absent other forces. Planets don't hop, their orbit can change with the application of force.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-13-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Hey! I think I might have found a way those fellas over on the .454 Casull thread can contribute--bigger guns, bigger change in orbit.

Lemme invite them.

Last edited by Citizen; 04-13-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Observed from October 4 to October 11 in 2012 by Pan-STARRS, with such a small observation the estimates are about 20 meters diameter and closest approach about 8,000 miles 12 October 2017

http://www.astrowatch.net/2015/04/wi...-earth-in.html

Buy your ammo now, before the rush, and before price gouging.
    There's Astrowatch, a seriously inflammatory source...

And then there's the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Asteroid Watch, which carries far more credibility.

Specifically, the asteroid in question, 2012 TC4, isn't slated to come near Earth again until 2020, on October 11th. The probability of impact is less than 1 in 1.613 million. If it ever did impact the Earth (extremely unlikely), it would release 97.2 kT of energy, about as much as one of our smallest nuclear weapons (but with no radiation). At that, it still stands a 76% chance of landing in the ocean, and less than 1 in 100 chance of impacting a city.

Thus, the overall probability of any serious damage is less than 1 in 163 million.

I think I'll sleep very well in 2017 (not even close), but will also sleep very well in 2020, 2021, 2024, and 2026.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

If the Asteroid gets too close we'll just have to fire a Mosin Volley at it! 7.62x54R LPS oughta do it!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    If the Asteroid gets too close we'll just have to fire a Mosin Volley at it! 7.62x54R LPS oughta do it!
    <note to anti-asteroid event organizers>

Dear Organizers,

Please ask some gunners to bring multiple guns. That way the Mosin owners can borrow a real gun.

By the time an arrant errant asteroid is in range of handheld weapons, its compression heated pressure wave will be melting iron alloys. Better to step out and admire God's handiwork.

<note to anti-asteroid event organizers>

Dear Organizers,

Please ask some gunners to bring multiple guns. That way the Mosin owners can borrow a real gun.

Fuh-nee...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Mosins kick like a mule the combined volley may push earth out of orbit.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Mosins kick like a mule the combined volley may push earth out of orbit.
    Oh, I didn't know this. OK. Find all the Mosin owners and make sure they come to the rally point!

(Actually, as soon as I wrote "I didn't know this" I remembered a video I saw of someone shooting a Mosin; I remember specifically thinking it seemed a kicker. )

Oh, I didn't know this. OK. Find all the Mosin owners and make sure they come to the rally point!

(Actually, as soon as I wrote "I didn't know this" I remembered a video I saw of someone shooting a Mosin; I remember specifically thinking it seemed a kicker. )
    We'll have to time this just right everybody gather to shoot their mosins and then right after the Chinese jump off chairs to put us back on track, escaping the pending catastrophe in the nick of time.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    We'll have to time this just right everybody gather to shoot their mosins and then right after the Chinese jump off chairs to put us back on track, escaping the pending catastrophe in the nick of time.
    Oh, so now you want us to put the danged planet back on its original track after we move it? Some people are just never satisfied.

Want us to correct that 20K year axis wobble while we're at it? Maybe shift a couple continents around to get a better balance? Heck, I hear the magnetic pole has shifted a degree or two just in the last 30 years; want us to fix that before we take a break for the day?

<sheesh>

Oh, so now you want us to put the danged planet back on its original track after we move it? Some people are just never satisfied.

Want us to correct that 20K year axis wobble while we're at it? Maybe shift a couple continents around to get a better balance? Heck, I hear the magnetic pole has shifted a degree or two just in the last 30 years; want us to fix that before we take a break for the day?

<sheesh>

LOL....well why not the elite with the such like Gores think we can "save" the planet might as well correct natures mistakes along the way....

Beware the Precautionary Principle. It bites those who would make-things-better, the mantra of the progressives.

Beware the Precautionary Principle. It bites those who would make-things-better, the mantra of the progressives.
    In their hubris they have to be onto something right?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast