Thread: 22 million violently angry Americans have gun access, study finds

Question 22 million violently angry Americans have gun access, study finds

WASHINGTON — Roughly 22 million Americans — 8.9 percent of the adult population — have impulsive anger issues and easy access to guns. An estimated 3.7 million of these angry gun owners routinely carry their guns in public. And very few of them are subject to current mental health-based gun ownership restrictions.

http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...un-6190509.php
    There seems to be something missing in this report (study)...hmm...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There seems to be something missing in this report (study)...hmm...
    What and muddy gun control rhetoric with facts?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    My study discovered that all twenty three gun-haters in this country have personality issues ranging from anger-management problems to paranoia, and all have unrestricted access to computers and the internet.

Philosophers have been telling us for ages that the pen is mightier than the sword. My study "finds" that gun-haters should be prohibited access to the internet. Just too dangerous to the rest of the human race.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

“Okay, uh, I'm lost. I'm angry. And I'm armed.” - Capt Mal Reynolds

"It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Seems to be an absence of a link to the actual study. Oh well, at least I won't have to carry that out with the trash.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well, here ya are.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Seems to be an absence of a link to the actual study. Oh well, at least I won't have to carry that out with the trash.
    http://www.annalsofepidemiology.org/...14)00147-1/pdf 980 KB 11 pages

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...0921/version/1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rbidity_Survey

The Wikipedia article links to all of the update revisions.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

22 million violently angry Americans have gun access, study finds
    Yea; and most of us are angry at the government!!!! That's what scares 'em!
    Last edited by F350; 04-13-2015 at 05:36 PM.

22 million violently angry Americans have gun access, study finds
    Who knew so many Hillary supporters were armed?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Very insightful response
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Does it really Matter any more!!!!????
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

That's our next president your talking about...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Even one of the most extremely liberal mainstream media news agency polls, the results are most decidedly against her, and for awesomely good reasons.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-hillary-2016
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Even one of the most extremely liberal mainstream media news agency polls, the results are most decidedly against her, and for awesomely good reasons.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-hillary-2016
    i'm sure they demo'd the poll at the NRA convention before releasing it publicly...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain